President Monson Closing Talk at Priesthood Session Aborted?

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Not Buying It

Re: President Monson Closing Talk at Priesthood Session Aborted?

Post by Not Buying It » Thu May 25, 2017 5:18 am

1smartdodog wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 5:14 am
I could only hope in my old age that there were people to take care of every need of mine. I have no sympathy. He gets much better treatment than the average senior citizen. So a few appearances where he needs to be carted around is a small price to pay for top notch medical care and other perks.

Besides any leader in their old age can say no. They do not have to do anything. I think he still enjoys it.

Now the part about him receiving revelation and leading the church I think is a stretch, but some members just got to have a figurehead to follow.
That is a good point. How many of the members whose have given the Church 10% of their come all their lives get that kind of care in their old age - in addition to the praise and adulation of millions?
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph