The mighty and strong doctrine FMH podcast

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
20/20hind

The mighty and strong doctrine FMH podcast

Post by 20/20hind » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Lindsey hansen Park produced another great podcast that goes into the doctrine of the mighty and strong one that playes so much into flds off shoots. Its a really good one.

http://www.yearofpolygamy.com

MalcolmVillager

Re: The mighty and strong doctrine FMH podcast

Post by MalcolmVillager » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:14 pm

I really enjoyed this. The part where they rattle off all the guys who claimed to be "the one mighty and strong" was amazing to hear how many wackos have pulled that wool over the collective eyes of naive Mormons.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:23 am

This is a pretty amazing podcast. It's a testament to human folly that so many deluded people would latch onto the idea of being "one mighty and strong". They are riding on the coat tails of their testimony of Joseph Smith and ironically perpetuating the silliest mistakes that Joseph Smith made. I will have to check if this section is covered in the correlated LDS Gospel Doctrine class this year.

fh451

Post by fh451 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:48 pm

"One Mighty and Strong" is yet another savior myth. People have been looking for one (or several) for thousands of years.

fh451

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:58 pm

I'd settle for "One Tasty and Refreshing."
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:58 pm
I'd settle for "One Tasty and Refreshing."
Are you treacherously looking for your dark roasted savior at a coffee shop? Possibilities for the "One Mighty and Strong" doctrine/policy/myth is OK to discuss among believers, but preferred coffee types continues to be verboten and will exclude you from saving ordinances.