MONSON no longer going to COB.

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Yobispo

Re: MONSON no longer going to COB.

Post by Yobispo » Wed May 24, 2017 4:19 pm

w2mz wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 8:51 pm
This is what I don't get... There is such a thing as video cameras that can record and then rebroadcast said recordings. If TSM is really still sitting in council with the other Q15 only is now working from home, he should be okay to let the church membership know himself either via prerecorded message, or live news conference.

Why does it take a bold statement from the PR team and the like to let us all know TSM is A-Okay, but simply now wants to work from a lawn chair by the pool at home rather than his offic at headquarters?

Something is fishy when dear leader goes into seclusion and the PR machine covers everything up with assurances and hand waving.
Thank you for outlining what I have been feeling. The PROPHET OF GOD is retiring but cannot record a simple farewell? It's only a problem because they have to maintain a charade of his position as someone who is receiving revelations. They painted themselves into a corner by dragging this out and now that he finally can't function they have to add another insult with this PR nonsense. But never, ever, ever admit that he's just a man. Nope, this is The Prophet. Jesus talks to him in the temple on a regular basis.

They can't be honest and straightforward about even the simplest, most obvious thing: he is old, his brain isn't working well and he can't communicate with people let alone Jesus. The institutional dishonesty knows no limits.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Wed May 24, 2017 4:59 pm

oliver_denom wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 2:13 pm
I know this isn't appropriate, but I hope President Monson lives as long as possible, not out of compassion, but because Nelson is an insufferable prick.
Amen Brother Oliver!

Maybe the PR department is pulling a Weekend at Bernie's 'cause they don't want to deal with all the crazy sh*t Nelson's going to do.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Thu May 25, 2017 5:15 am

MoPag wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 4:59 pm
oliver_denom wrote:
I know this isn't appropriate, but I hope President Monson lives as long as possible, not out of compassion, but because Nelson is an insufferable prick.
Amen Brother Oliver!

Maybe the PR department is pulling a Weekend at Bernie's 'cause they don't want to deal with all the crazy sh*t Nelson's going to do.
I also find President Nelson insufferable, but I find his wife even more insufferable. I can't imagine what she will be like once she is the First Lady of Mormonism. Don't expect Queen Wendy Watson Nelson to stay in the background like some of her predecessors.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu May 25, 2017 8:51 am

Not Buying It wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 5:15 am
MoPag wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 4:59 pm
oliver_denom wrote:
Amen Brother Oliver!

I also find President Nelson insufferable, but I find his wife even more insufferable. I can't imagine what she will be like once she is the First Lady of Mormonism. Don't expect Queen Wendy Watson Nelson to stay in the background like some of her predecessors.
[SHUDDER]

I hadn't even thought about Aunt Wendy becoming Queen Wendy and getting a bigger platform to spew her crazy...

Big, Giant, [SHUDDER]
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Thu May 25, 2017 8:59 am

Not Buying It wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 5:15 am
... Queen Wendy Watson Nelson...
Well, she is anointed to become such.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.