All answers can be found at the FAIR conference, so sign up!

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Hagoth

All answers can be found at the FAIR conference, so sign up!

Post by Hagoth » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:06 pm

"You can learn about Book of Mormon names, Book of Mormon witnesses, the witness of women, reading Genesis, dealing with evolution after you read Genesis, Book of Mormon geography, freemasonry and Mormon temples and more. Plus, you get to hang out with over 400 very cool people. This year we have added musical numbers by Hannah Jane with Hardey & Welch."

So that's where all of the very cool people hang out. They appear to have felt pressure from the heartlanders conference to start providing musical entertainment too. But no Osmonds.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Emower

Re: All answers can be found at the FAIR conference, so sign up!

Post by Emower » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:33 pm

Oooh. That sounds sweet. Sign me up for that morgasm.

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:37 am

We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:55 pm

Ok. Here's my first question.

How much of what you're telling me is authoritative, church sanctioned, canonized and official doctrine?

Second question.

Then why the hell am I listening to you?
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:15 pm

OREM, UTAH - This year's FAIRMormon Conference to be held on the front lawn of the Radha Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork, Utah promises to be something special.

Speakers will include Wilhelm Von Hamblin discussing the new sphinx found at the Gilgal dig site, Scott Lloyd will discuss the merits of working for the world's truest newspaper, Digby and Heather Higbee-Lee will show how to refute the CES Letter by holding your breath till you pass out, and Dr. Daniel C. Peterson will give a slide show of his many vacation destinations for the keynote presentation. A special treat will be a slide of himself sitting on a beach in Aruba surrounded by books while glancing at his iPad and drinking an orange soda with one of those little umbrellas in it.

Participants are urged to register in advance, although tickets will be sold at the door.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha