Women in Utah

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
moksha

Women in Utah

Post by moksha » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:21 am

Utah comes in last place for women's equality. According to the study, Utah was a number of points behind the next lowest state. My guess is that this is due to the teaching of the LDS Church.

I feel sorry that Utah is frequently at the bottom of things, so I will put on my LDS apologist hat and offer a rebuttal.

1. Call for references that there are any so-called "women" in Utah.
2. Women do not want equality.
3. God created this disparity for a reason. Utah exists to train the righteous.
4. This study is the work of anti-Utahans.
5. The curse of blackness on women only referred to their evening gowns.
6. They did not qualify for combat duty in the Heaven War. Their status now reflects this 4F classification.
7. Women hold the Motherhood and can serve in the Relief Society.
8. Women can attend BYU.
9. Women can serve on missions.
10. If you reverse the order of the study list, Utah comes out on top. Sort of a chiasmus.

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-and-wors ... lity/5835/
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Give It Time

Re: Women in Utah

Post by Give It Time » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:41 am

My patriarchal blessing specifically states I fought valiantly in the war in heaven. What is left unsaid is I had to pull a Mulan to do it. Two, three and seven through nine are actually said and thought. Half your list is more than just humor.
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:41 pm

Did you see the recent article about male/ female salary discrepancies based on which University you studied at? BYUs stats made me physically ill.

The church's issues with gender equality are my biggest issue, that seemingly cannot be resolved without major changes.

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:22 am

Do you have a link?
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams