XX Chromosome = Priesthood Ineligibility

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
moksha

XX Chromosome = Priesthood Ineligibility

Post by moksha » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:46 pm

PROVO - The Paul H. Dunn Biological Laboratory at Brigham Young University in conjunction with Sorenson Research have uncovered new findings in regards to the properties of the human double X chromosome.

LDS Authorities have long taught that only males are the qualified bearers of the Melchizedek and Levitical (Aaronic) Priesthoods. Now the LDS scientists at these two distinguished institutions have discovered that eligibility for the priesthood only occurs in the absence of the missing genetic material found on the Y chromosome. They found that having the full complement of genetic material of the second X chromosome canceled out priesthood eligibility.

BYU biologist N. Dylan Ruth said, "We have yet to determine why the extra genetic material tends to have this effect, but we are speculating that it has something to do with valiancy in the Pre-Existence. Some combination of amino acids on the second X strand represents both a badge of discommendation from any priesthood eligibility, as well as signifying a potential qualification for Motherhood."
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Corsair

Re: XX Chromosome = Priesthood Ineligibility

Post by Corsair » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:16 am

Fascinating research. Was there any indication that the Y chromosome might have lead to an expression of some kind of "antenna" that let's them connect with divine power? It would additionally support their theory if they found that a "priesthood antenna" arises naturally in response to other XX chromosomes in the vicinity. Perhaps this research lab could determine if authority is determined by a "priesthood antenna measuring contest".

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:38 pm

Corsair wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:16 am
Perhaps this research lab could determine if authority is determined by a "priesthood antenna measuring contest".
I doubt any empirical testing would be allowed since it might lead to increased calls for an apostle of color. Perhaps some of the ardent XX admirers of the GAs could attest to this with their spiritual eyes.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Give It Time

Post by Give It Time » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:27 pm

I'll put this as politely as I can.

The antenna extends when it is in close proximity to the spirit.

I just don't know where to begin with the questions this...uhm...raises.
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:13 pm

moksha wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:46 pm
PROVO - The Paul H. Dunn Biological Laboratory...
😅
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."