Radio Free Mormon Conference Review Pt 2

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
consiglieri

Radio Free Mormon Conference Review Pt 2

Post by consiglieri » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:06 am

Part 2 of the RFM General Conference Post Mortem is now up.

http://www.mormondiscussionpodcast.org/ ... 17-part-2/

It covers the Sunday morning session, with a particular focus on Elder Hallstrom's talk in which he almost seems to be providing a response to the RFM episode about Elder Bednar's 2013 Young Adult Devotional in which Elder Bednar teaches the important doctrinal principle of having faith NOT to be healed.

Elder Hallstrom seeks to redefine the word miracle in order to claim that we have lots of them.

Lots of other fun stuff also included.

Enjoy!

--Consiglieri

Korihor

Re: Radio Free Mormon Conference Review Pt 2

Post by Korihor » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:29 am

Thanks - I listened to it a couple days ago. It was really good. And made me really upset, again.

I appreciate your work.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:51 am

That was a great episode, Consiglieri. Your commentary is so precise and thorough on the unintentional messages broadcast from LDS leaders.

Culper Jr.

Post by Culper Jr. » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:47 am

Listened to it today (on the way back from the temple :) ). Dead on commentary; just excellent.

consiglieri

Post by consiglieri » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:02 am

Thanks for the kind words of support, everybody!

Sometimes these podcasts involve so much work it is easy to get bogged down, and I likely would without this kind of positive feedback.

I have come to see General Conference as a mine of comedic material.

GoodBoy

Post by GoodBoy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:38 am

I just want to say that your podcasts are brilliant! They are well researched and supported and, in my mind, are absolutely devastating to some of the stupid things that the GAs say. The Apostolic Coup-D-Etat was fabulous. Why hasn't anyone done that before?
Always been the good kid, but I wanted to know more, and to find and test truth.

John G.

Post by John G. » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:41 pm

Corsair wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:51 am
That was a great episode, Consiglieri. Your commentary is so precise and thorough on the unintentional messages broadcast from LDS leaders.
Consiglieri’s secret identiy is Bill Reed? Wow! Learn something new everyday!

I only recently graduated to level II of my ex-mormon progression and started listening to Radio Free Mormon (For me, Level I was Mormon Stories. I’ve listened to a good chuck of the Mormon Stories podcasts and started, and like a heroin adddict, looking for more to get my fix! Mormon Expression was great, but it was like crack and didn’t last long).

Anyway, I thought the Radio Free Mormon podcasts were really good! Conference has alot of messages in it, but they’re hard to find because they are buried in the talks amoung all the scripture quotes and other standard stuff like testimonies.

I really liked the analysis of the GA’s talk about how its basically only Satan who wants you to act “authentically.”
Last edited by John G. on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If your children are taught untruths on evolution in the public schools or even in our Church schools, provide them with a copy of President Joseph Fielding Smith's excellent rebuttal in his book Man, His Origin and Destiny."

Ezra Taft Benson

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:52 pm

John G. wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:41 pm
I've met Bill Reel. Consiglieri is no Bill Reel. Somewhere out there the real Consiglieri probably has his own website under his real (not "Reel") identity and his family and friends have no idea about the deep cover he is using to broadcast behind enemy lines.

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:22 pm

Corsair wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:52 pm
John G. wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:41 pm
I've met Bill Reel. Consiglieri is no Bill Reel. Somewhere out there the real Consiglieri probably has his own website under his real (not "Reel") identity and his family and friends have no idea about the deep cover he is using to broadcast behind enemy lines.
I know Consiglieri's identity and it's not Bill Reel. I won't out him even though his current leaders know he is doing these podcasts.

consiglieri

Post by consiglieri » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:35 pm

Corsair wrote:

I've met Bill Reel. Consiglieri is no Bill Reel.
I knew Jack Kennedy.

I worked with Jack Kennedy.

And you, senator, are no Jack Kennedy.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:03 pm

consiglieri wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:35 pm
Corsair wrote:

I've met Bill Reel. Consiglieri is no Bill Reel.
I knew Jack Kennedy.

I worked with Jack Kennedy.

And you, senator, are no Jack Kennedy.
Achievement unlocked! Beloved and mysterious podcaster responds to a laudable pop-culture reference in a faith discussion forum! This is one more item checked off of my bucket list.

redjay

Post by redjay » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:48 pm

consiglieri wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:02 am
Thanks for the kind words of support, everybody!

Sometimes these podcasts involve so much work it is easy to get bogged down, and I likely would without this kind of positive feedback.

I have come to see General Conference as a mine of comedic material.

Your podcasts are the only ones I make an effort to listen to these days. I feel a bit stalkery, as you seem like a really cool guy it would be awesome to hang out with and catch a couple of beers with (you needn't worry too much about my stalkerism, I don't live stateside, and don't really drink).
At the halfway home. I'm a full-grown man. But I'm not afraid to cry.