UM...justified murder?

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Rob4Hope

UM...justified murder?

Post by Rob4Hope » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:43 am

OK...here is the quote:
19 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting covenant, and it is sealed unto them by the Holy Spirit of promise, by him who is anointed, unto whom I have appointed this power and the keys of this priesthood; and it shall be said unto them—Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; and if it be after the first resurrection, in the next resurrection; and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, all heights and depths—then shall it be written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, that he shall commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, and if ye abide in my covenant, and commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, it shall be done unto them in all things whatsoever my servant hath put upon them, in time, and through all eternity; and shall be of full force when they are out of the world; and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever.
And, we know from this that no-one is innocent:
Romans 3:23King James Version (KJV)

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
So, if you are one of these Second Anointing folks, since everyone has sinned (except those who have this ordinance or little children I suppose), you can kill anyone? Because they are not innocent, you have carte blanche to just go out there and do it?

Sounds like a$$holes like BY could justify himself in doing whatever he wanted in this regard: he controlled who got the ordinance, and since he himself had it and controlled it, he could kill whoever he felt needed to be "used up" to accomplish whatever he wanted...

When I read "The 19th Wife", and also Bill Hickman's book, I got the impression that BY killed many people, felt justified in doing it at as well. I think this is the justification he used to ease his conscience.

Thoughts?

alas

Re: UM...justified murder?

Post by alas » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Why the children of the MMM were spared, but not the women is that children under 8 were innocent, (under the age of accountability) so those endowed members who killed a small child were guilty of murder, but killing the men, women and children over 8, they were not innocent, so could be killed with no accountability.

That scripture alway bothered me. Nope, no body gets a free pass to commit sin and not be held accountable, second anointing or not.

Talk about the cheap grace that Mormons mock Protestants for. Sure go ahead and sin. You are not accountable because you have been saved/second anointed.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:26 pm

If you happen to become a god one day then you also get to kill innocents by the millions. See, for example, all kinds of examples in the scriptures (the Great Flood, the firstborn children in Egypt, Jesus's destruction of cities in the Book of Mormon, and so on).

Rob4Hope

Post by Rob4Hope » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:26 am

Ghost wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:26 pm
If you happen to become a god one day then you also get to kill innocents by the millions. See, for example, all kinds of examples in the scriptures (the Great Flood, the firstborn children in Egypt, Jesus's destruction of cities in the Book of Mormon, and so on).
WOW!....eye opener. I had never thought about it like this.

There is a morality principle that is justified when invoked by God, but condemned when not. I'm also thinking about the Canaanites going in a slaughtering the local inhabitants. Joshua and all them folks...didn't they go in and kill everything: men, women, CHILDREN and animals?

I am not familiar with the apologetic arguments justifying this. I think there are some biblical scholars who would say this was NOT God's doing--it was the historical justification for what the people did, throwing God under the bus. Don't know, but is interesting anyway....

Emower

Post by Emower » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Yup, God justifies murder all the time.

So I have a question, and its sort of on topic so I dont think I am threadjacking here.

The wife and I were talking the other night about murder. Say you have two murderers. One kills indiscriminately with no remorse or feeling. He/she just likes to kill so they do. The second kills for religiously motivated reasons. They may feel bad about it, but ultimately they will follow their spiritual prompting and go through with it.

Who is worse, or are they the same amount of evil? I thought that they were both mentally ill. The wife reacted to me calling someone who killed for god mentally ill. She was inclined to give the religious guy more leeway. Which is crazy to me.

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:40 pm

Rob4Hope wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:43 am
19 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting covenant, and it is sealed unto them by the Holy Spirit of promise, by him who is anointed, unto whom I have appointed this power and the keys of this priesthood; and it shall be said unto them—Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; and if it be after the first resurrection, in the next resurrection; and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, all heights and depths—then shall it be written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, that he shall commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, and if ye abide in my covenant, and commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, it shall be done unto them in all things whatsoever my servant hath put upon them, in time, and through all eternity; and shall be of full force when they are out of the world; and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever.
The writing here reminds me a great deal of the grammar and structure in the BofM. It begins heading in one direction and somehow ends up way out in left field leaving the reader scratching their head wondering what the crap the writer is attempting to say.

A lot of the D&C is so terribly written you have to wonder if this supposed diety even speaks the king's English.

I doubt anyone in the Q15 even really knows what this gibberish means. So how can someone who is claiming to restore the "plain and simple" gospel truths that were lost so many years ago, write something as ridiculous as this and attempt (with a straight face) to pass it off as a revelation from God?

Total fraud.....
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Rob4Hope

Post by Rob4Hope » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:53 am

Almost everyone I've talked to who is either EX or NOM hates this section 132. Its offensive in many ways...