Special announcement Tuesday

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Hagoth

Special announcement Tuesday

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:50 pm

I'm sure some of you got the email from the church announcing a special announcement by President Nelson this Tuesday, followed by a press conference. I'm assuming he will be announcing that (surprise!) God has put him in the driver's seat. Agree?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Anon70

Re: Special announcement Tuesday

Post by Anon70 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:57 pm

That’s what I assumed. I’m mostly interested to see if he keeps the counselors. Otherwise I assume business as usual.

wtfluff

Re: Special announcement Tuesday

Post by wtfluff » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Duplicate post by me, just making sure I post my useless opinion in all the "Surprise! Press Conference Tuesday" threads:

Russell F Nelson is going to announce: "I'm the new CEO/President of the multi-billion-dollar Corporattion - Sole, and these two, old, rich white guys are my 'counselors'."

The new CEO might also 'call' a couple more rich, old white guys to the board of directors of the Corporattion - Sole to replace the other old, rich white guys who died and left openings in the board of directors. If not, April it is for the two new rich, old white guys joining the free ride on the backs of tithe payers for the rest of the old, white guy's lives.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...