"Do not record or transcribe..."

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
IT_Veteran

Re: "Do not record or transcribe..."

Post by IT_Veteran » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:30 am

EternityIsNow wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Sounds like the church is expecting a two party recording law to be passed at some point in Utah. By not giving their consent for GA visits to be recorded, they have set the stage for inadmissibility of recordings in any legal action. But why would they need to do that? What are they planning to say?

The church is growing even more paranoid. Or maybe they DO have something to hide?
I don't think that, even in states that require two-party consent, it would be legally enforceable. Stake conference is still a public meeting ("Visitors welcome!"). Asking people not to record things in a public meeting, and I'm no lawyer, seems generally unenforceable.

oliver_denom

Re: "Do not record or transcribe..."

Post by oliver_denom » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:24 am

I look forward to the pat downs and body cavity searches looking for writing implements and recording devices as we walk into the chapel. It will be like going to the airport except with less due process and no individual rights.
“You want to know something? We are still in the Dark Ages. The Dark Ages--they haven't ended yet.” - Vonnegut

L'enfer, c'est les autres - JP