Awkward GA meeting with NZ PM

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
no1saint

Awkward GA meeting with NZ PM

Post by no1saint » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:50 pm

This would have been a little awkward. I think Elder Ardern is her uncle and an Apostle meeting someone who could have been the first elected LDS Head of Government...but isn't because she resigned her membership over the treatment of LGBTQI people within the Church would have been a little awkward. I wonder what he thought?

https://www.mormonnewsroom.org.nz/artic ... e-minister

No Tof

Re: Awkward GA meeting with NZ PM

Post by No Tof » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:35 am

Awkward indeed I would imagine.

I wonder if the NZ news have any interest in this? It would certainly be something those 113,000 members should be aware of. (Assuming she is a politician with credibility in the country, unlike our very own PM)
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

no1saint

Post by no1saint » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:45 pm

No Tof wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:35 am
Awkward indeed I would imagine.

I wonder if the NZ news have any interest in this? It would certainly be something those 113,000 members should be aware of. (Assuming she is a politician with credibility in the country, unlike our very own PM)
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11701114

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:34 am

I doubt there were any "Repent ye, repent ye" type conversations.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.