New church statement on 2nd victim

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Palerider

New church statement on 2nd victim

Post by Palerider » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:15 am

So another victim has come forth on the Bishop scandal. Apparently she reported the incident to her local leadership in 2010.

http://www.ldsliving.com/Church-Updates ... nt/s/88060

They gave her "emotional support" and the option of professional counseling....probably with a church related counselor. Which amounts to, "Oh, how sad you think you have been hurt....have a cookie."

They apparently had her allegation checked out with Bishop's local leaders at the time and he (AGAIN) denied any wrongdoing.

Also sounds as if the COB is getting some serious blowback from the membership on this issue. I hope they rip them a new one. How many offences and accusers does it take for the "dim lights" in charge to get a clue?

Or could the turning of the blind eye possibly be purposeful? :x Could they really be that ugly? :evil:
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

RubinHighlander

Re: New church statement on 2nd victim

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:59 am

If there are more victims I hope they will now be brave enough to start talking!

I think ldsliving a pretty useless rag, but in some ways I'm glad they continue to publish ridiculous and poorly written articles; it just adds to the pile of BS.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:48 pm

Isn't this 2nd victim the same women mentioned in the mormon leaks audio?

The church already knows there are plenty of pedophiles among it's rank and file priesthood. They've paid out many out of court settlements and made very minor changes to their policies to prevent this from happening again.

Anyone ever wonder why the initiatory changed?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Stig

Post by Stig » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:48 pm
Isn't this 2nd victim the same women mentioned in the mormon leaks audio?

The church already knows there are plenty of pedophiles among it's rank and file priesthood. They've paid out many out of court settlements and made very minor changes to their policies to prevent this from happening again.

Anyone ever wonder why the initiatory changed?
You mean, aside from the fact that it was super creepy?
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:08 pm

So, when the church released the first official statement, they already knew about the second woman that they spoke of in the second statement. What is wrong here? Why? Wouldn't they know it would make them look bad to have to update their statement with info they hid in the first statement?
~2bizE