Temple in Russia - will it happen?

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
DPRoberts

Re: Temple in Russia - will it happen?

Post by DPRoberts » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:50 pm

ap1054 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:25 pm
I'd be surprised if it ends up happening. From all I've heard about trying to do any business in Russia, you can't get anything done without "doing as the [Russians] do" and playing the bribery games.

But if the ends justify the means, maybe the leadership would be willing to play those games.
I believe that while on my mission in the Philippines around 40 years ago, I heard guys from the mission office mention paying gratuities to public officials for things like visa extensions and various permits. They were a normal part of doing business. So playing those games is probably not new to the church.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

slavereeno

Re: Temple in Russia - will it happen?

Post by slavereeno » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Corsair wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:48 am
Elder Church Legal Department is clearly an official officer of the LDS church with important duties to protect and support the institutional LDS church.
:lol: Haha, I wanna use this on a TBM...