The NOM Word Cloud

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Corsair

The NOM Word Cloud

Post by Corsair » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Red Ryder suggested that I should figure out what the Word Cloud for NOM would look like. Using some database commands, I extracted the text for the nearly two megabytes of straight text in March 2018. Here it is:

I was kind of surprised by how unsurprising this is. We talk about church. I think I have the process down and I might take requests for periods of time and perhaps for individuals. I'm not sure how much text is "too much", but this is the site I am using to generate the word cloud.

Corsair

Re: The NOM Word Cloud

Post by Corsair » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:09 pm

This is the word cloud for all of my posts since day 1. It's not a huge surprise nor does it differ remarkably from the word cloud of March 2018 above

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:20 pm

How did you fit all your posts into that text box?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:38 am

moksha wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:20 pm
How did you fit all your posts into that text box?
I extracted all text into one large text file. It was 1.6 MB for my posts and 1.8 MB for everything in March 2018. Then it was just a copy/paste into that web form text box. I do not know what is the maximum text allowed for this website. This is a client side text box and I don't know if it truncates it after any technical limit. I was trying to find a program rather than a web based utility to make a word cloud.

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Wow, interesting and like you said, no big surprises.