Who is the Holy Ghost? It's me!

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Hagoth

Re: Who is the Holy Ghost? It's me!

Post by Hagoth » Tue May 22, 2018 10:01 am

MerrieMiss wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:45 pm
Funny. Reminds of the time my little brother drew all over the walls and when confronted, blamed it on the Holy Ghost. Which just goes to show, we really are all our own holy ghost!
Hilarious!

It's just like the story about Abraham and his father's idols in the Book of Jasher. When Abraham was commanded to make meat offerings to his father's idols he spied on them to see if they actually came to life and ate the offerings. When they didn't he became angry at having been duped so he got a hatchet and chopped all but the largest one into pieces and then placed the hatchet in the hand of the largest idol. When his father discovered what had happened he was enraged and confronted Abraham. Abraham said, "Do you really believe that these are real gods or are they just statues of wood and stone? If you believe in them then it should be no surprise to you that the biggest one got angry at the others when they tried to eat before he did, so he punished them for it."

Could your parents prove it wasn't the Holy Ghost who drew on their walls? Does the Holy Ghost have enough power to do that? How can they be certain the Holy Ghost didn't inspire your little brother to draw on the wall? If so, frame those scribbles, they're scripture!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Re: Who is the Holy Ghost? It's me!

Post by moksha » Tue May 22, 2018 10:43 am

MerrieMiss wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:45 pm
Reminds of the time my little brother drew all over the walls and when confronted, blamed it on the Holy Ghost. Which just goes to show, we really are all our own holy ghost!
Like Jesus said, suffer the little children.

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha