God is Talking to Mark Taylor - What is President Nelson's Problem?

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Not Buying It

God is Talking to Mark Taylor - What is President Nelson's Problem?

Post by Not Buying It » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:42 am

I am being totally facetious, of course. But isn't it interesting that a retired firefighter has claimed to have made more prophecies than the Prophet of the LDS Church has? Or the last ten or so Prophets of the LDS Church combined, for that matter.

See this link:

http://www.thetrumpprophecymovie.com/about

P.S. This is not in any way an endorsement of Trump, I need to make that absolutely clear.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

Spicy McHaggis

Re: God is Talking to Mark Taylor - What is President Nelson's Problem?

Post by Spicy McHaggis » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:54 am

I have heard that TSM and other in church leadership were convince Romney was going to win in 2012, to the point where they believed they had a prophecy/revelation about it. They were supposedly shocked when he wasn’t elected.

I guess my point is, a retired firefighter is probably more likely to hear the voice of god than anyone in downtown SLC.

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:28 pm

Spicy McHaggis wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:54 am
I have heard that TSM and other in church leadership were convince Romney was going to win in 2012, to the point where they believed they had a prophecy/revelation about it. They were supposedly shocked when he wasn’t elected.

I guess my point is, a retired firefighter is probably more likely to hear the voice of god than anyone in downtown SLC.

I don't think Mormon leadership have any idea how oddball and in some ways repulsive/scary the LDS religion is to outsiders. Especially evangelicals.
Are most Mormon members good, smart people? Sure, but that doesn't outweigh the weirdness.

Leadership have been living in the bubble and telling themselves and membership that they're "mainstream" for so long now that they began to believe their own propaganda.

Mitt Romneys rejection by the American people was a huge wakeup call. Too bad it won't be enough of a smack down that the Q15 will see the need for real change. They'll just rationalize it that America still isn't prepared for God's leadership.
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Rob4Hope

Post by Rob4Hope » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:36 am

Palerider wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:28 pm
They'll just rationalize it that America still isn't prepared for God's leadership.
Very true, and very "cultish".

I can hear one of them say in effect: "This is the most wicked creation of God, and this country has rejected the living oracles of God. The judgment's of God will soon overtake this wicked nation and world...."

...and then look out for the next wave of hysteria about this world ending and Jesus Second Coming....