Phillipines President asks for proof of God

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
deacon blues

Phillipines President asks for proof of God

Post by deacon blues » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:51 pm

https://religionnews.com/2018/07/07/dut ... od-exists/ An interesting news article. Is this guy crazy, or crazy like a fox?
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Hagoth

Re: Phillipines President asks for proof of God

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:28 pm

Further proof of church claims about the spiritual degradation of world. It is a wicked and adulterous generation that seeketh after a sign. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I think crazy like a fox. He's saying, "you're calling me incompetent, but your entire existence is about proving to people that God exists. Show us your cards."

What I find hilarious is that his proof of God would be in the form of a selfie. Has he never heard of Photoshop?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:20 am

So... he calls out the monstrous injustice of the doctrine of original sin and the churches that use it to earn money. Then of course his opponents call him a psychopath, and suggest that he's deceitful, heartless and ruthless.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

Archimedes

Post by Archimedes » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:35 pm

Well of course he hates the catholic church. He was buggered by a priest at an early age. Anyone who rejects such nonconsensual morality must be evil.
"She never loved you; she loved the church, her one true love. She used you to marry the church by proxy."

-- unknown reddit poster

Raylan Givens

Post by Raylan Givens » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:03 pm

Trump Crazy/Smart
"Ah, you know, I think you use the Bible to do whatever the hell you like" - Raylan Givens