jfro18 wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:19 pm
In the process of working on my page to try and cover the LDS essays and other problems with the church, I wanted to compile a list of reasons (something of a summary of the entire page) as to why the church can't be true.
Originally I was thinking it would be a top ten type thing, but it ended up being 25. A bit long so i might need to find a way to format it so it's not as daunting.
Anyway - if you're bored and want to check it out, you can find it at https://ldsdiscussion.wixsite.com/mysite/summary
The 15 points made now are:
1. The Book of Abraham
2. King James Errors and Deutero-Isaiah
3. The Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible Plagiarism
4. Polygamy and Polyamory
5. Book of Mormon Translation - Church Narrative vs. Church History
6. DNA and the Changing Lamanites
8. Significant Changes to Key Revelations
9. The Retrofitted Priesthood Restoration
10. Ban on Blacks from the Priesthood and All Temple Ordinances
11. Role of Women - Lack of Priesthood, Treatment During Polygamy, Etc
12. Treatment of the LGBT Community
13. Complete Lack of Discernment by Prophets and Church Leaders
14. The Transfiguration of Brigham Young and Other Faith Promoting Stories
15. Brigham Young
16. Lack of Proof for Joseph Smith's Prophetic Abilities or the Book of Mormon
17. The Lost 116 Pages
18. No Advancement in the Book of Mormon Culture
19. Joseph Smith and the Convenience of Revelations
20. The Everchanging LDS Apologists
21. Joseph Smith 'Mixtape' Theory (in progress)
22. Church History of Hiding/Suppressing Evidence
23. Lack of Modern Day Revelation
24. Spiritual Witnesses/Where Will You Go?
25. Joseph Smith
Anyway... if you make it through let me know - I tried to be semi-brief on the topics but looking at them all at once ends up being fairly long. I also need to format it cleaner so the start of the page allows readers to jump around to the different #s.. but it's a start!