McKenna Bears Testimony in Bishop's Ward

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
rockslider

Re: McKenna Bears Testimony in Bishop's Ward

Post by rockslider » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:14 am

consiglieri,

Any word from BYU police on release of the audio and more undone redacting?

also a legal question for you.

Can her disruption of a church service land her a restraining order?

other thoughts:
The after audio had a couple of things that popped out to me. First she stated she will not be taking hush money but will see it through to trial. Other victims whom have already taken hush money will be able to testify at trial anyway!

Good on her!

consiglieri

Post by consiglieri » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:22 am

BYU is appealing the order of the committee requiring them to release the audio tape.

This has the effect of putting the committee's order in abeyance during the pendency of the appeal.

StarbucksMom

Post by StarbucksMom » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:29 pm

I believe in Karma.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:49 pm

rockslider wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:14 am
Other victims whom have already taken hush money will be able to testify at trial anyway!
Six (6) other victims.

It will be interesting to watch. McKenna say she won't settle, bit methinks that LDS/Mormon-Inc. is going to toss around a WHOLE-LOTTA money to keep those other victims from testifying.

Me-also-thinks that those 6 victims are the tip of the iceberg as far as LDS/Mormon-Inc.is concerned.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Stig

Post by Stig » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:59 pm

alas wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:02 pm
Did she accomplish any thing with this “stunt”? Well, if his stake president is now aware that the man is a sexual predator, then yes. Because the church certainly did not tell the stake president. So, yes, she accomplished something if an authority over creep now knows he is a creep.
Given how much publicity there had already been before her disruption of Bishop's ward, I highly doubt his stake president didn't already know about the allegations.
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:34 pm

Stig wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:59 pm
Given how much publicity there had already been before her disruption of Bishop's ward, I highly doubt his stake president didn't already know about the allegations.
The "member" of the stake presidency who visited with McKenna after her "testimony" admitted that he did not know who she was, or about her lawsuit. If the stake president knew of the allegations, he did not share them with his councilors.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Stig

Post by Stig » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:43 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:34 pm
Stig wrote:
The "member" of the stake presidency who visited with McKenna after her "testimony" admitted that he did not know who she was, or about her lawsuit. If the stake president knew of the allegations, he did not share them with his councilors.
If he was being truthful, I can't imagine how he had not heard of this.
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

alas

Post by alas » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:42 am

Stig wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:43 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:34 pm
Stig wrote:
If he was being truthful, I can't imagine how he had not heard of this.
Some people never set foot outside of the Mormon bubble. They are too busy to pay attention to the news, or just too uninterested in anything outside of their tiny world. So, just like in high profile law cases, there are uninformed idiots who pay no attention to the news who can always be found to form a jury. But with Mormons, they can hear something negative about the church on the news and their brain flushes it down the toilet before it can even register.

And this hit the news big time, bigger than anything else about this case. It even showed up on my anti Trump news feed. So, yes, she accomplished something.