Bill Reel and General Conference Rumors

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
sunstoned

Re: Bill Reel and General Conference Rumors

Post by sunstoned » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:41 pm

Besides the drop to two hours for church meetings, Bill was also correct about the Temple closing for renovation.
6.) This one seems mundane but is at the heart of the rumors. The SLC Temple will close for a 5 year renovation. If this one comes to pass, I trust the other 5 even if not implemented are being discussed in depth in top Church circles

no1saint

Post by no1saint » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:13 am

Also correct on the MoTab name change. I also feel that RMN hinted the incoming changes to the endowment for the dead. I think it will be shortened soon.

Kishkumen

Post by Kishkumen » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:02 am

Well, GenCon was much ado about nothing. 2 hour church, we still hate gays, 'Mormon' offends Jesus.

I really don't want to move the goalposts, but a few followup thoughts. Even though I was hopeful, announcing specific changes regarding the temple doesn't seem like something to announce in GenCon. Changes to garments, sealing ceremonies and other temple activities is likely not something the Q15 wants to attract a lot of attention.

At least most news outlets are carrying the Victory for Satan story.

Yobispo

Post by Yobispo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:54 am

Anon70 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:16 pm
w2mz wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:08 pm
Well, other than 2 hour church, GC is turning out to be a revelation bust.

Same as it ever was.
I’ve listened to so much conference and obsessively refreshed reddit and fb watching for the “buckle up” exciting news.

I feel so played.
Same, except only the Reddit part. I couldn't listen. I actually tried, but that weird sing-songy voice they do was really weird to me. They may not know they're doing it, but it's a BITE Model component to use monotone, almost therapeutic sounding tones. You hear that predictable tone in what is being said and you don't need the words, it still hits those feelings triggers.