Bill Reel's new project: Mormon Document Repository

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
jfro18

Bill Reel's new project: Mormon Document Repository

Post by jfro18 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:55 pm

This is an interesting thing that Bill Reel has started - collecting all sorts of LDS documents and putting them in one place. I haven't had time to do more than skim through, but there are some really interesting letters here that show just how messy Mormon history is on blacks, what God deems OK with sex, evolution, marriage, missionary worthiness, Nov 15 policy, etc.

If you haven't seen it, you can check out all the documents at https://showcase.dropbox.com/s/LDS-DOCU ... LVzj3Kmd0I

Rob4Hope

Re: Bill Reel's new project: Mormon Document Repository

Post by Rob4Hope » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:44 pm

Used to have some John Birch letters from ETB. If I find them, will send them in.

This is a good site. Some of these things need to be published. Whether they are considered private or not, let the record stand for itself.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:21 am

Man, how does that guy find the time and energy for all of his projects?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:30 am

Hagoth wrote:Man, how does that guy find the time and energy for all of his projects?
I think it is in between haggling with pawn shop customers about the value of things. I believe his boss at family pawn is NOMerific.

Mormorrisey

Post by Mormorrisey » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:59 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:21 am
Man, how does that guy find the time and energy for all of his projects?
I don't even have time to post on NOM as much as I used to. I have the same question for Bill!

But what a great idea, and there are some great documents on there that I have to search for, and it's great to have it all in one place. I took a quick look on the site, and they have hard to find things like John Taylor's 1886 revelation and junior's council of love about it. What great finds! I don't know where a lot of these Mormon documents are, but if people can point Bill in the right direction, it's such a great thing.
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:36 pm

The document about the faith crisis study, did anyone check out any of the other documents in that repository? There's quite a few:

https://github.com/faenrandir/a_careful_examination

I'm just starting to dig into it.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Yobispo

Post by Yobispo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:55 am