Aunt Wendy epiphany

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
2bizE

Aunt Wendy epiphany

Post by 2bizE » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:47 pm

So, with aunt Wendy Nelson in the spotlight, a lot recently, I was wondering what will happen to her when her husband the prophet dies? Will she be relegated down to the quorum of widows?
The epiphany I had is she will wait for the wife of another apostle to die, step in and marry the apostle. Then she will be in line for another summit attempt to prophetess.
What say ye?
~2bizE

Anon70

Re: Aunt Wendy epiphany

Post by Anon70 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:21 pm

Ew.

Or maybe lobby for priesthood for the wimmin? I think she’d rather be prophet than be married to another one.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:18 pm

She'll probably be ignored like the rest of the apostles wives.

Left with all of her future expenses paid for.
Left with access to church vacation properties.
Left with stories to tell her posterity.
Left with a soft warm spot among the faithful.

Eventually flushed down the memory hole.

Unless they start naming temples after people. Then we could possibly have the Wendy Watson Nelson Temple in Zimbabwe?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:45 pm

She has no agility when it comes to descriptive adjectives for her current husband.

The last thing you want to say about a religious leader is that "it's as if he's been unleashed."

Really? "Unleashed"? Only bad things happen when something gets off it's leash. People are chased and bitten. People get killed. Cities get bombed. Wars are started. Leashes keep dangerous things in check.

And speaking of that....who was hindering him before he was unleashed? Other stupid presidents and apostles who didn't have the great vision he has???

I think we're dealing with someone who has quite an ego and was really hankering to be the top big dude. He now lives in his own little kingdom where no one dares to molest or make afraid. "The name of the church is a top priority because I say it is and I get whisperings."

This is going to be interesting.... ;)
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:56 am

Remember Red Ryder's conspiracy theory about Aunt Wendy and Sherri Dew being in a relationship and Wendy married Rusty so she could implant "revelations" in his sleep about women getting the priesthood and then eventually Wendy and Sherri take over the church? I'm really hoping that's true. Because that would be really funny!

So I vote this is what happens: Rusty gives women the Priesthood and says that the prophet's wife takes over when he prophet dies. Aunt Wendy becomes prophet and says gays are great and Oaks head literally explodes. Then President Wendy Nelson marries Sherri Dew in the SLC temple and it this really big awesome celebration and their wedding anniversary is an official church holiday.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:22 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:18 pm
Left with stories to tell her posterity.
Well... Aunt Wendy doesn't actually have any of her own (genetic) posterity, and rumor is that her hubby's kids don't really like her, so there's that...

MoPag wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:56 am
Remember Red Ryder's conspiracy theory about Aunt Wendy and Sherri Dew being in a relationship and Wendy married Rusty so she could implant "revelations" in his sleep about women getting the priesthood and then eventually Wendy and Sherri take over the church?
Conspiracy theory or not, there's not doubt at all in my mind that GOMI-Wendy is influencing cRusty and his "revelations".

I don't have any "likes" at all to give Wendy, but I've gotta admit that she would likely do a better job as CEO than those octogenarian bigots that are waiting for cRusty to die so they can be "unleashed."
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:33 am

MoPag wrote:
Remember Red Ryder's conspiracy theory about Aunt Wendy and Sherri Dew being in a relationship and Wendy married Rusty so she could implant "revelations" in his sleep about women getting the priesthood and then eventually Wendy and Sherri take over the church? I'm really hoping that's true. Because that would be really funny!

So I vote this is what happens: Rusty gives women the Priesthood and says that the prophet's wife takes over when he prophet dies. Aunt Wendy becomes prophet and says gays are great and Oaks head literally explodes. Then President Wendy Nelson marries Sherri Dew in the SLC temple and it this really big awesome celebration and their wedding anniversary is an official church holiday.
I had to go dig that one out of my conspiracy theory file just to remember.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2506

I still think it will happen!

Stig

Post by Stig » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:41 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:33 am
MoPag wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2506

That was one of your best ever, my friend.
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:45 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:33 am
MoPag wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2506

That was a fun one!! :lol:

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:50 am

Stig wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:41 am
That was one of your best ever, my friend.
Hermey was the true prophet in that post!
Hermey wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:30 pm
Bring on the crazy. 2018 might just be interesting after all.

Phil Lurkerman

Post by Phil Lurkerman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 pm

A bit of a thread jack - but...I wonder what Nelson would be like were his first wife, Dantzel, still with us.

Just an interesting counterfactual - she seemed to be a somewhat moderating influence back in the day.
I was once a cafeteria Mormon on a hunger strike. Have since found a buffet elsewhere.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:04 am

Phil Lurkerman wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 pm
A bit of a thread jack - but...I wonder what Nelson would be like were his first wife, Dantzel, still with us.

Just an interesting counterfactual - she seemed to be a somewhat moderating influence back in the day.
That's a really good question. Just how much of an influence on Rusty does Aunt Wendy vs Dantzel?

I would feel much more sorry for a 90 year old Dantzel having to get out of bed each time Rusty has a "revelation" than I do for Aunt Wendy.

The Beast

Post by The Beast » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:18 pm

MoPag wrote:

Please please please please please.
Are you on the square? Are you on the level?