RFM Interviews Bill Reel

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
consiglieri

RFM Interviews Bill Reel

Post by consiglieri » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:41 am

Just got an interview up last night where Radio Free Mormon talks with Bill Reel about his upcoming disciplinary council and delves into the history of Bill's contacts with church leaders, local and general, that have led to this final showdown.

https://mormondiscussionpodcast.org/201 ... y-council/

Enjoy!

Red Ryder

Re: RFM Interviews Bill Reel

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:44 am

His final showdown?

This big bad wolf of a church is scaring all the wittle piggies away!

Ha ha ha ha ha...

“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

John G.

Post by John G. » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Great! Always look forward to a new RFM! Just started listening to it!
"If your children are taught untruths on evolution in the public schools or even in our Church schools, provide them with a copy of President Joseph Fielding Smith's excellent rebuttal in his book Man, His Origin and Destiny."

Ezra Taft Benson

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:40 am

I think Bill does an excellent job in this interview of leading us through experiences that led him to this point. I'm heading down to St. George next Tuesday to show support and I think I'll ask Mrs. Hagoth to listen to this while I'm gone so she can better understand the whats and whys, even though she hasn't questioned my motivation for going.

Thanks Consiglieri!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Rob4Hope

Post by Rob4Hope » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:46 am

If I can get it worked out, I think I will head down to.

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:13 pm

i wish Bill all the best in this situation. It stinks.

When I was a child, my parents told me the inspiring story of Bishop Edwin Woolley. It was told to me that he once got in an argument with Brigham Young. Brigham at one point stated that Bishop Woolley would leave the church just like so many others. Bishop Woolley responded that he would if it were the Church of Brigham Young. My parents wanted me to know that it was not the church of leaders, it was the church of Christ.

Today, I think the church is and was always the church of the leaders. If BY could have, he would have ex'd Bishop Woolley in a heartbeat, but BY needed him if the story is true. Today, we see how much protection leaders put around themselves and each other. Yes, Bill said some harsh things, but there were a lot of ways to handle this other than a "court of love." The defensiveness displayed by the Q15 does not inspire confidence.

aoirselvar

Post by aoirselvar » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:46 am

I just listened to it, first time listener actually. I’ll come back for more. Bill’s story really opened my eyes in regards to how the GAs are there to protect themselves, nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk