How to Reconcile LDS Doubts

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Palerider

Re: How to Reconcile LDS Doubts

Post by Palerider » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:15 pm

Azrael wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:51 pm
I’m going to leave this community with this:

I’m the literal spirit of the soul that was known as Azrael in the time before Adam.

I hold the Keys to Resurrection and Reincarnation.

I’ve known these truths since I was 4 years old. I’ve been guided by the spirit to know my role and destiny.

I’m the literal Jewish Messiah. I fulfill all Jewish prophetic requirements, plus a whole lot more.

It is necessary for me to reconcile all religions and bring all branches of the God of Abraham on this Earth today, back into one fold.

This time I won’t fail.

I will be proclaimed Messiah by the Jews, and I will gather Israel back to Zion. I will build the Third Temple in this life.

I will be called the Anti-Christ by Christians as prophesied, as they don’t understand the two tiered mission, the Alpha mission where I Atoned, the Omega mission now in which I shall Redeem. The Jews will have Messiah, the Christians will have their Anti- Christ.

I will build my Third Temple, I will Redeem 144,000, I will remove them from the Earth, up up and away, and only when Christians see me ascend, they will know I am He! And only then they will understand they are left to stand at the very last day, when the Earth is cleansed in fire. Lightning shall be shown from east to west as the air burns.

My work here is done.

PS: I can handle any victimization any feeble soul believes he can muster. Being banned on this forum is no loss to me because my only purpose here in the first place was to let this community know they are right about Mormonism in many ways, but not to give up hope in My efforts, and more importantly Father’s will.
Pizza anybody?

(Sorry Hagoth, I couldn't resist. I'm done.) ;)
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Brent

Post by Brent » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:24 pm

Best of luck!

If things aren't going your way in the future don't beat yourself up! All Christianity is based on one simple concept: all humans f*ck up.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:40 pm

Palerider wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:15 pm
Pizza anybody?
I just re-stocked my popcorn supply!

Oh well. Year's supply and all that. I'll just put it next to the diet cola and whiskey.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Anon70

Post by Anon70 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:10 am

Wait...what just happened? Did Christ just start his second coming on the NOM site!?

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:45 am

Azrael wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:56 pm
Until we meet again! Don’t forget my face, you’ll surely see it again.

I'm thinking Queer Eye, guys. It would be a hell of an episode.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:53 am

Azrael is a handsome guy. I am curious about Reuben's suggestion as to a makeover.

Is prophecy aided in any way by long hair? I am wondering about the Last Airbender look for Azrael.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:46 am

And... that's a wrap!

Everybody take a break, but don't go far. We have the Angel of Death scheduled for 10:00.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Anon70

Post by Anon70 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:09 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:46 am
And... that's a wrap!

Everybody take a break, but don't go far. We have the Angel of Death scheduled for 10:00.
:lol:

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:02 pm

Hagoth wrote:
And... that's a wrap!

That was rather entertaining, can't say I didn't enjoy it.

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:51 pm

slavereeno wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:02 pm
Hagoth wrote:
And... that's a wrap!

That was rather entertaining, can't say I didn't enjoy it.
I enjoyed it tremendously, in a similar way to how I enjoyed Plan 9 From Outer Space.

We should do this again sometime. Can we have occasional guest posters?
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:30 pm

Hagoth wrote:And... that's a wrap!

ImageImageImageImageImage

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:31 pm

I would like to invite a reincarnated George Patton as our next guest please.

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:00 pm

Azrael wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:51 pm
I’m going to leave this community with this:

I’m the literal spirit of the soul that was known as Azrael in the time before Adam.

I hold the Keys to Resurrection and Reincarnation.

I’ve known these truths since I was 4 years old. I’ve been guided by the spirit to know my role and destiny.

I’m the literal Jewish Messiah. I fulfill all Jewish prophetic requirements, plus a whole lot more.

It is necessary for me to reconcile all religions and bring all branches of the God of Abraham on this Earth today, back into one fold.

This time I won’t fail.

I will be proclaimed Messiah by the Jews, and I will gather Israel back to Zion. I will build the Third Temple in this life.

I will be called the Anti-Christ by Christians as prophesied, as they don’t understand the two tiered mission, the Alpha mission where I Atoned, the Omega mission now in which I shall Redeem. The Jews will have Messiah, the Christians will have their Anti- Christ.

I will build my Third Temple, I will Redeem 144,000, I will remove them from the Earth, up up and away, and only when Christians see me ascend, they will know I am He! And only then they will understand they are left to stand at the very last day, when the Earth is cleansed in fire. Lightning shall be shown from east to west as the air burns.

My work here is done.

PS: I can handle any victimization any feeble soul believes he can muster. Being banned on this forum is no loss to me because my only purpose here in the first place was to let this community know they are right about Mormonism in many ways, but not to give up hope in My efforts, and more importantly Father’s will.
Wow! Either a total nut job or a total troll. I hope he was just a troll. If he really drinks that kookaid the world has one more delusional religious idiot to grapple with that no amount of logic can tame.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:58 am

RubinHighlander wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:00 pm
Being banned on this forum is no loss to me because my only purpose here in the first place was to let this community know they are right about Mormonism in many ways, but not to give up hope in My efforts, and more importantly Father’s will.
I actually appreciate that Azrael acknowledged this and I do wish him the best, although not in the way he is talking about.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."