Scientologists and Mormons actual members statistics

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
20/20hind

Scientologists and Mormons actual members statistics

Post by 20/20hind » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:22 am

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/10-mill ... -are-they/

Looks like both organizations make it difficult to actually know how many are members active or not.

One statement in the article made me laugh..once you get on scientology's mailing list, its virtually impossible to get off of it..haha sound familiar?

Just This Guy

Re: Scientologists and Mormons actual members statistics

Post by Just This Guy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:13 pm

The similarities between Mormonism and Scientology are very interesting. When it comes to membership exaggeration, Mormonism has nothing compared to Scientology's exaggeration. With Mormonism, the number of people who actually claim to be Mormon is about 30% of the number that COB claims.

With Scientology, actual is about 0.05% of claimed! Maybe Mormonism has learned a better lie is one that is closer to the truth.

I also am surprised that there are only about 50,000 active Scientologists in the world. They way they talk and get in the news, you would think there would be a lot more of them. I guess the ones that have are just VERY vocal people.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Yobispo

Post by Yobispo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:50 am

I saw Mike Rinder say 20,000 in the US and I was totally shocked. NJow I'm dying to ask a Scientologist how many members in the US just to see what they say on the inside.

Rob4Hope

Post by Rob4Hope » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Leah Remini is more Type 'A' than I think she would care to admit. And,...I even would suggest she has some narcissistic traits herself. But,...I am certain she has a sense of empathy, so I can understand. During one of her interviews with Mike, she just bull-dozes all over him! He takes it graciously, but its pretty evident from his body language, and some of his direct comments, he sometimes gets tired of her.

I can understand why Leah may be like that--she is, after all, getting "fair gamed" by her previous scientology cohorts.

Its strange to see the different personalities and how they play off of each other. Mike Rinder comes across as very controlled and quite poised. He is more "calculating"...very much so.

Both of those two...if they can keep going, will provide thought for me about the LDS culture. I was particular pleased when they got Steven Hassan on the show. It was quite touching.