Seeker

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
slavereeno

Seeker

Post by slavereeno » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:08 pm

I watch this guy for a lot of stuff and this came up in my suggestions. This is the closest explanation to how I feel about the God question that I have seen to date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3_0O-gpeYo

Red Ryder

Re: Seeker

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:34 pm

Can you expand on "this guy" for those of us that don't immediately click on YouTube videos?

Give a summary or quick synopsis?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

slavereeno

Re: Seeker

Post by slavereeno » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:49 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:34 pm
by Red Ryder » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:34 pm
Can you expand on "this guy" for those of us that don't immediately click on YouTube videos?

Give a summary or quick synopsis?
Sorry, I guess that was rather improper...

This is "Answers with Joe" (Joe Scott) He answers a bunch of questions mostly about science and culture. I have watched a few from his science collection, stuff like The Fermi Paradox, The Double Slit experiment, Nuclear Energy solutions for the future etc. Someone asked him the Question "Does God Exist" and this was his answer. The summary is that he started out in a religious family and after having several questions that his religious upbringing couldn't answer, he had to start putting together some answers of his own. He talks about a chemical our bodies produces that has the ability to produce "spiritual" experiences, talks about quantum entanglement. He concludes with a general philosophy about how to live life, when you can't know for certain about God.

I hope that satiates the need for summary.