Reformed Egyptian = Deformed English photo from the Tanners

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
jfro18

Reformed Egyptian = Deformed English photo from the Tanners

Post by jfro18 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:17 pm

I had never seen this before and I came across it while looking for a photo on "reformed egyptian" for a non-LDS friend... it's so perfect to illustrate what a fraud the whole idea is... from the Tanner's UTLM site:

moksha

Re: Reformed Egyptian = Deformed English photo from the Tanners

Post by moksha » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:40 pm

The only place I could find it on the internet was from this site: https://cellcode.us/quotes/brigham-univ ... cript.html
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:40 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:40 pm
The only place I could find it on the internet was from this site: https://cellcode.us/quotes/brigham-univ ... cript.html
Wow, right there between the puppy-shaped valentine box and the 2013 Kia Optima owners manual.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:22 am

I have never seen this before. Very interesting. I recognize many of these from the Caractors document, but are they all really from him? Pretty crazy!