Senator Mike "Jar Jar Binks" Lee

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
moksha

Senator Mike "Jar Jar Binks" Lee

Post by moksha » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:15 am

The Stephen Colbert video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 0zRL-FNbzQ

More on the story: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/28/arts ... -deal.html
When reached for a comment on how this new universal solution could apply to the former Mormon Church, Senator Mike Lee (R-Utah) said that "The one true church's membership problems with millennials could be solved by just making babies. So tonight all faithful Brethren and Sisters should do their diligence by putting their not bare shoulder to the wheel and pushing along. Remember, we all must work - let no one shirk - put your shoulder to the wheel for the next several months!"

Make sure you watch the video up above so you can appreciate Church logic and doctrine at work in the US Congress.
Last edited by moksha on Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Re: Senator Mike "Jar Jar Binks" Lee

Post by Hagoth » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:24 am

:shock:

Did I miss something about a brain aneurysm or that Mike's oral surgery anesthetic had not yet worn off?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:24 am

O M G!
That is so freakn embarrassing!

For the most part I had ignored church broke Mike Lee, but now I have one more big reason to get of of this state some day...sooner than later.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Kishkumen

Post by Kishkumen » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:05 am

This is nuts.

If Lee is serious - ....I just dont have words.
If Lee is hamming it up to get back at OAC with an equally ridiculous proposal - part of me says well played and the other part says my 1st grader is less petty than Lee.

If you want to play tit for tat on juvenile pissing contests, do it on your own time, not on the fucking Senate floor of the USA.

I'm no fan of OAC nor her Green New Deal, but she wins this pissing contest with her tweet response to Lee

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:40 am

Looks like Lee was doing a send-up pointed at AOC, (who really needs to return to Junior high) but Lee (not my favorite senator) needs to know that a little sarcasm goes a long, long way.... especially with his delivery.
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:53 am

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:05 am
If you want to play tit for tat on juvenile pissing contests, do it on your own time, not on the fucking Senate floor of the USA.
That 90% of what goes on in Congress. Juveniles on both sides trying to get back at one another for all manner of stupidity.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:54 pm

By the way, gotta admire this John McNaughton painting of Reagan riding on a dinosaur toting old glory while brandishing a semi-automatic weapon, as an example of capturing the collective LDS unconscious to a tee. Plus it gave America a chance to see this LDS peculiarity up close and have a good-natured chuckle.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

BriansThoughtMirror

Post by BriansThoughtMirror » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:26 am

moksha wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:54 pm
By the way, gotta admire this John McNaughton painting of Reagan riding on a dinosaur toting old glory while brandishing a semi-automatic weapon, as an example of capturing the collective LDS unconscious to a tee. Plus it gave America a chance to see this LDS peculiarity up close and have a good-natured chuckle.
Ok, I had to look that up- that painting is not a John McNaughton painting, it was done by Jason Heuser, who must be loving his career, haha!

Prints here:
https://www.jasonheuser.com/shop/raptor-reagan

I would have LOVED it if it had really been a McNaughton, though...
Reflections From Brian's Brain
https://briansthoughtmirror.wordpress.com/

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:33 am

Well, there was something McNaughtonesque about Reagan riding on a flag carrying Velociraptor with a semi-automatic.
-- Moksha

BriansThoughtMirror

Post by BriansThoughtMirror » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:50 pm

moksha wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:33 am
Well, there was something McNaughtonesque about Reagan riding on a flag carrying Velociraptor with a semi-automatic.
No kidding!
Reflections From Brian's Brain
https://briansthoughtmirror.wordpress.com/

Raylan Givens

Post by Raylan Givens » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:35 pm

BriansThoughtMirror wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:50 pm
moksha wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:33 am
No kidding!
Baffles me.

I wish someone would have brought posters and presented on the following things after Lee was done, "and we are supposed to take you seriously? When you devoutly believe the following:"

"God and Jesus came to a boy and told him everyone's religion is no good, and lacking authority."
"He then wrote a book about millions of Isrealites living in America."
"God later told him to spiritually marry many women including young girls because that would help them both reach the highest level of heaven."

Yep, you are definitely someone I should listen too...
"Ah, you know, I think you use the Bible to do whatever the hell you like" - Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens

Post by Raylan Givens » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:40 pm

Palerider wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:40 am
Looks like Lee was doing a send-up pointed at AOC, (who really needs to return to Junior high) but Lee (not my favorite senator) needs to know that a little sarcasm goes a long, long way.... especially with his delivery.
I agree about AOC, not sure why everyone gets so excited about her? Lots of sound bites and the only way to solve problems is to throw money at it.
I wish Beto O'Rouke would have won. He could have taken the microphone from AOC.
"Ah, you know, I think you use the Bible to do whatever the hell you like" - Raylan Givens

misterfake371

Post by misterfake371 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:23 pm

I like Mike Lee. He received a lot of mockery for his recent speech, and he gave this response to the mockers:

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/03/29/ ... -new-deal/

I think what he was trying to say is that people can come up with solutions to climate change... and people come from babies. Anyway, the Green New Deal sucks and actually I think global warming is a big fat hoax.
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. Ecclesiastes 12:13