What's all this talk about coffee

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Hagoth

Re: What's all this talk about coffee

Post by Hagoth » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:39 pm

Mormon 8 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:32 pm
I think the spin would be more along the lines of 'thanks to new technologies and research, it has been proven that coffee has over 150 antioxidants and when taken in moderation can actually bring health benefits and that green tea has shown to be very useful for medicinal purposes and other health benefits as well' ...
They could really spin it well by adding "thanks to new technologies and research, modern strains and hybrids of coffee have over 150 antioxidants..."
That way D&C 89 could be framed to have been appropriate for its time, but now we have a good scientific reason to move on.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Mormon 8

Re: What's all this talk about coffee

Post by Mormon 8 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:50 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:39 pm
Mormon 8 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:32 pm
I think the spin would be more along the lines of 'thanks to new technologies and research, it has been proven that coffee has over 150 antioxidants and when taken in moderation can actually bring health benefits and that green tea has shown to be very useful for medicinal purposes and other health benefits as well' ...
They could really spin it well by adding "thanks to new technologies and research, modern strains and hybrids of coffee have over 150 antioxidants..."
That way D&C 89 could be framed to have been appropriate for its time, but now we have a good scientific reason to move on.
Good point.