Amost forgot. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mormon Jesus!

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
wtfluff

Amost forgot. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mormon Jesus!

Post by wtfluff » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:06 pm

And it doesn't seem that anyone even mentioned the need to celebrate during the annual mormon convention currently under way in SLC.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

RubinHighlander

Re: Amost forgot. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mormon Jesus!

Post by RubinHighlander » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:25 pm

There are more important things the COB has to talk about this weekend than Jebus. Besides, Mormon Jesus is the new oxymoron for RMN, and there's been plenty of winning for Beelzebub lately.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:42 pm

“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

misterfake371

Post by misterfake371 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:06 pm

Ha! I forgot! I was taught when I was a kid, in early morning seminary, that April 6th was the true birthday of Christ. Then, when I was still a TBM, and I was a recently returned missionary, I think, I found this funny website called "Holy Fetch," which is kind of like a Mormon Snopes. Holy Fetch has this article about April 6th being Jesus' birthday:

http://holyfetch.com/jesus-was-born-on-april-6/
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. Ecclesiastes 12:13