My prophecy

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Kishkumen

My prophecy

Post by Kishkumen » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:40 pm

Surely the Lord will reveal nothing save it by his president newsroom.

With all the excitement regarding GenCon only to result in major dud - I prophesy that future Gencon's will not have any more noteworthy announcements as long as the current administration is in place.

Any noteworthy announcements will come via newsroom updates or special seminars, etc.

Monson lowered the missionary age. Nelson reduced the 3 hour block to 2 hours. That's it.

MoPag

Re: My prophecy

Post by MoPag » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:03 am

I bet you are right.

Hinkley gave us Fam Proc
Did Hunter do anything?
I don't remember Benson
Kimball removed the racist priesthood/temple ban

I wonder what super fun revelation Oaks has in store for us. Probably canonizing Fam Proc.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Palerider

Re: My prophecy

Post by Palerider » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:23 am

I think leadership has a little, hot fire burning that they don't know how to control and it's going to get bigger. Name removal from records may not increase but church abandonment and inactivity will outstrip growth to the point of ward and stake collapse on a fairly large scale.

I predict more panic driven talks on the monumental efforts of Satan to thwart God's work and that the Second Coming is so very close, it is EVEN upon us. Scary, scary, scary!!! :? :o
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington