Mormon St. Peters/Vatican renewal - plans pending

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
no1saint

Mormon St. Peters/Vatican renewal - plans pending

Post by no1saint » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:14 pm

Oddly Good Friday is the date chosen to reveal the refurbishment plans for the Salt Lake Temple, Temple Square and the COB plaza.

Whatever the plans, it will most definitely cost a ton of money. As much as City Creek?

Any rumours flying around on what the changes might be?

Mormon 8

Re: Mormon St. Peters/Vatican renewal - plans pending

Post by Mormon 8 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:20 am

no1saint wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:14 pm
Oddly Good Friday is the date chosen to reveal the refurbishment plans for the Salt Lake Temple, Temple Square and the COB plaza.

Whatever the plans, it will most definitely cost a ton of money. As much as City Creek?

Any rumours flying around on what the changes might be?
Doesn't matter as it is a flagrant misuse of church funds. Does anyone really think or believe that Jesus Christ or God care what the area around temple square looks like or spending large sums of money to renovate? It's appalling how this extremely wealthy real estate corporation gets away with masquerading as a church to the point of tax exemption and building Babylon as it uses the name of Christ to engage in big business while fooling its members and treating them like employees or pawns to be used to help it make and save big bucks! :lol: :x

Kishkumen

Post by Kishkumen » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:32 am

Boy , am I glad for modern Revelation. Temple square was looking really rough and in dire need of a refresh.

I've even seen homeless people panhandling outside the gates when walking into Temple square a couple of times.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:29 am

M8, I like your thoughts!

Now substitute for the garmy underwears...

Does anyone really think or believe that Jesus Christ or God care what your underwear looks like or (members) spending large sums of tithing money to wear it? It's appalling how this extremely wealthy real estate corporation gets away with masquerading as a church to the point of underwear tax and building Babylon as it uses the name of Christ to engage in big underwear business while fooling its members and treating them like underwear slaves or pawns to be used to help it make silly covenants! :lol:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:51 am

no1saint wrote:
That's simply not possible. Because: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4225
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

no1saint

Post by no1saint » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:49 am

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:51 am
no1saint wrote:
lol

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:44 pm

Besides the shock stabilizers, they might also include pontoons for the really big quakes where liquefaction occurs, as well as Heisenberg Compensators for when an alien presence decides to translate the Temple into space.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

A New Name

Post by A New Name » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:22 am

I remember reading a SF story, maybe by Card, that talked of a post-apocalyptic world, and the Great Salt Lake was great again. They were in a boat, and were diving down and saw the SL Temple completely underwater. Does anybody else remember that book? I believe it was an anthology.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:52 am

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:51 am
no1saint wrote:
Accoring to Elder Anderson, "We are not a rich people." A more accurate statement is that the LDS church is wealthy, but perhaps not it's people:

Perhaps Elder Anderson might have noted that a church that universally asks for a full 10% tithe will tend to leave its people a little short on disposable income. Elder Anderson was in Zimbabwe when he made that statement and he might want to clarify that LDS believers will be sending a lot of their income into the bank accounts of a wealthy American church. Some will get spent in Zimbabwe to be sure, but the goal is to eventually make Zimbabwe congregations able to support themselves.

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:55 am

moksha wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:44 pm
Besides the shock stabilizers, they might also include pontoons for the really big quakes where liquefaction occurs, as well as Heisenberg Compensators for when an alien presence decides to translate the Temple into space.
A new tin foil hat for Moroni?
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE