Prescription for Coffee

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
felixfabulous

Prescription for Coffee

Post by felixfabulous » Mon May 06, 2019 12:39 pm

Anyone know of a NOM-friendly doctor in the Salt Lake area who would be down to write a prescription for coffee/tea? Very silly I know, but I'm getting really sick of sneaking around and this may give me some breathing room.

Rob4Hope

Re: Prescription for Coffee

Post by Rob4Hope » Mon May 06, 2019 1:42 pm

felixfabulous wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 12:39 pm
Anyone know of a NOM-friendly doctor in the Salt Lake area who would be down to write a prescription for coffee/tea? Very silly I know, but I'm getting really sick of sneaking around and this may give me some breathing room.
I'm chuckling after reading this....

Dude...I would write your own.

alas

Post by alas » Mon May 06, 2019 4:18 pm

My son’s doctor told him to start drinking green tea. No prescription, but then legally docs can only recommend non prescription medications, not *prescribe* them. See Utah’s medical MJ law and why it won’t work. Anyway, he talked it over with his bishop, (he was 1st counselor) and decided green tea extract was the way to go, cause WoW.

But I drink coffee for medical reasons, the same reasons that my daughter is prescribed something that I can’t spell. But then I don’t care about a TR.

Angel

Post by Angel » Mon May 06, 2019 6:03 pm

I use straight caffeine pills - you are able to more closely control the dosage, no added calories, much easier to pop a pill than brew a cup when needed :)

Although when I do have time, I do enjoy a nice cup of Jo - just never seem to have the time.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon May 06, 2019 9:22 pm

My doctor has recommended a cup of green tea when feeling nauseous. If you can't get the go-ahead from your doctor, ask a nutritionist. Green tea is the single healthiest thing you can ingest. Don't forget to ask about coffee as well.

Healthwise the Church really blew it when they penciled in coffee and tea in place of hot drinks that warm the belly. The health notions of the early 19th Century do no hold up well in relation to 21st Century health science. Theoretically, they could change this by declaring those items to be a policy rather than a commandment. They would be right in that regard because the impetus for the Word of Wisdom came from Emma and the girls vigorously complaining to Joseph after having to clean up the tobacco spittle and booze bottles left on the floor from all the nighttime religious speculation meetings. It started as a suggestion and later morphed into a commandment through the process of Mormonization.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Random

Post by Random » Mon May 13, 2019 6:32 pm

A doctor told a man I knew to drink coffee for his heart. He did have a bit of a go-around with a leader about a recommend. I think he had to get a note/prescription from the doctor to prove he needed it.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK