Never Imagined This Coming From Comics

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Mad Jax

Never Imagined This Coming From Comics

Post by Mad Jax » Fri May 24, 2019 4:18 am

Which is silly of me since I was loving Alan Moore's work years before graphic novels became a respectable medium. I've never read Grant Morrison. I quit reading comics when I was 18 so it's been some time since I delved into them (minus the MCU and other films of course). Really interesting video and I think it relates to a lot of the apotheosis theories of human spirituality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFtbwP4UuFM
Free will is a golden thread flowing through the matrix of fixed events.

Corsair

Re: Never Imagined This Coming From Comics

Post by Corsair » Fri May 24, 2019 10:33 am

Very interesting. It holds up better than the explanations in the average Sunday School class I attend.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri May 24, 2019 8:32 pm

Much more complex than LDS cosmology. Of course in all fairness to Joseph Smith, Jules Verne had not even written his first book when that cosmology was being developed.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun May 26, 2019 6:49 pm

Sounds like Kip Thorne and Terrance McKenna had a love-child.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."