Julie Rowe got ex'ed

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
FiveFingerMnemonic

Julie Rowe got ex'ed

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Thu May 30, 2019 2:08 pm

In case you want something more entertaining than the McKenna Denson meltdown to distract you, your friendly neighborhood prophetess of doom and healing energy sessions is back! And apparently the church decided enough was enough.

https://youtu.be/iEPl8t1XnKw
Last edited by FiveFingerMnemonic on Thu May 30, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red Ryder

Re: Julie Rowe got ex'ed

Post by Red Ryder » Thu May 30, 2019 4:32 pm

Not surprised.

The church needs more people like her to showcase the fruits of Mormonism.

Imagine if she was born in 1805 and had gone to pray in a grove of trees a few months shy of her 15th birthday!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu May 30, 2019 4:41 pm

First comment on YT:
The Lord has witnessed to me many times that you are both true messengers.
Brought back memories of Adam in the temple..."These are true messengers."

To me Julie is no more bat crap crazy than any of those 15 old cobblers that run the corporation.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:38 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 4:32 pm
Not surprised.

The church needs more people like her to showcase the fruits of Mormonism.

Imagine if she was born in 1805 and had gone to pray in a grove of trees a few months shy of her 15th birthday!
Well you know right away that it's apostasy when a woman makes any sort of authoritative claims. The truly righteous wroter her off immediately because they understand that you can't receive the signal if you don't have the antenna.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:06 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:38 pm
Well you know right away that it's apostasy when a woman makes any sort of authoritative claims. The truly righteous wroter her off immediately because they understand that you can't receive the signal if you don't have the antenna.
"No honey, that's not what I meant....."

th (1).jpeg
th (1).jpeg (21.87 KiB) Viewed 5004 times
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Anon70

Post by Anon70 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:32 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:38 pm
because they understand that you can't receive the signal if you don't have the antenna.
Best. Line. Ever.

StarbucksMom

Post by StarbucksMom » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:02 pm

Does anyone know what pushed LDS inc over the edge w/ her? So what I know is:
years ago she made a bunch of end of days predictions,
people followed her and even cashed in their 401ks to buy—whateverthehell?? it was she said to buy/do,
none of her prophecies came true,
she started writing weird nonsensical rants on her blog-and it came out she is bipolar or has mental issues??
Is that right? Why ex her now?

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:28 pm

StarbucksMom wrote:Does anyone know what pushed LDS inc over the edge w/ her? So what I know is:
years ago she made a bunch of end of days predictions,
people followed her and even cashed in their 401ks to buy—whateverthehell?? it was she said to buy/do,
none of her prophecies came true,
she started writing weird nonsensical rants on her blog-and it came out she is bipolar or has mental issues??
Is that right? Why ex her now?
I assume it has to do with her making money on her energy healing sessions and gaining followers. The reasons cited by her stake pres were mentioned in the video, specifically teaching about multiple probations and other false doctrines.

Spicy McHaggis

Post by Spicy McHaggis » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:12 pm

I was just wondering what happened to her. Seems like it should have happened back when people were selling their homes and cashing out their retirement based on her prophecies.

Rob4Hope

Post by Rob4Hope » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:37 am

FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:28 pm
... specifically teaching about multiple probations and other false doctrines.
This made me chuckle. "multiple probations"...you mean like reincarnation? Bah ha ha ha ha ha....
By the time of his death in 1844, Joseph Smith had also reversed his prior rejection of the Cabala’s doctrine of “transmigration of the souls.” Two of the women Smith secretly married as plural wives in the 1840s said that he privately affirmed reincarnation. Apostle Lorenzo Snow said that “his sister, the late Eliza R. Snow Smith, was a firm believer in the principle of reincarnation and that she claimed to have received it from Joseph the Prophet, her husband.” Prescendia Huntington Buell (later Kimball) also affirmed her belief in “plural probations,” referring to a statement “in confirmation” by her polyandrous husband Joseph Smith. 516 In the 1840s their polygamous relationship to the Mormon prophet was as secret as his conversion to reincarnation".
Quinn, D. Michael. Early Mormonism and the Magic World View (Kindle Locations 20107-20113). Signature Books. Kindle Edition.