Gay Pride Flags

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
1smartdodog

Gay Pride Flags

Post by 1smartdodog » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:04 am

I guess it was gay pride something over the weekend. Going around the neighbor hood which is heavily Mormon I was amazed at the houses that had rainbow flags. People who I never would have thunk.

I think the church leaders have totally lost on this one. The tide has shifted. Best they move on to something less offensive to so many and let the gay integration begin. I think it is inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.”
― Thomas A. Edison

deacon blues

Re: Gay Pride Flags

Post by deacon blues » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:19 am

I didn’t see any flags in Sandy. I wasn’t really watching for them. I watched it on the news. It looked like a great turnout.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:13 pm

deacon blues wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:19 am
I didn’t see any flags in Sandy. I wasn’t really watching for them. I watched it on the news. It looked like a great turnout.
I was amazed at the turnout. I saw a lot of flags downtown but none at all in my very Mormon neighborhood. I guess I should plant one next year just to get the ball rolling.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

sunstoned

Post by sunstoned » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:54 pm

I was at the SLC pride day festival and parade. The turn out was huge. There is a lot of support and momentum in Utah for LGBTQ support. I believe this pressure will force TSCC's hard. Kicking and Screaming, they will have to find a way to be inclusive.

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:02 pm

First, it was cola drinks at BYU and now there is a failure to adopt the hatreds of the Brethren. Good for the late Gen Xers and Millenials. Being kind to one another is its own virtue.
Hagoth wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:13 pm
I saw a lot of flags downtown but none at all in my very Mormon neighborhood. I guess I should plant one next year just to get the ball rolling.
It's a shame the scouts will not be around to set up the rainbow flags.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:32 pm

moksha wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:02 pm
Yes, I am the scout flag coordinator. I see where you're going with this, Moksha. Make an equality statement AND ensure that I only serve one term.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:29 am

I’m happy to report that I saw a pride flag on my morning walk yesterday. Gives new meaning to Sandy community pride. 🤗
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:22 am

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:32 pm
moksha wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:02 pm
Yes, I am the scout flag coordinator. I see where you're going with this, Moksha. Make an equality statement AND ensure that I only serve one term.
doooit!.png
doooit!.png (153.53 KiB) Viewed 4614 times
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:51 pm

I counted at least two rainbow flags still up on my street. Seems the Mormon monolith is slowly being carved to resemble something humanoid. That is encouraging.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha