I think I want to be cremated...

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
slavereeno

Re: I think I want to be cremated...

Post by slavereeno » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:53 pm

Donate my corpus to Science. Then if I get to, watch a bunch of 1st year medical students vomit while slicing my naked, wrinkly, arse open to try to figure out why I died.

Angel

Post by Angel » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:52 pm

I was a convert, so everyone in my family is cremated. There is a beautiful spot up the mts the family ashes are all scattered in - sounds good to me.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Random

Post by Random » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:43 am

moksha wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:09 pm
I think the decaying body parts being eaten by worms then excreted into the soil to be further broken down by bacteria and repeated in an endless cycle of organic nutrients renders to body easier to recompose in the Celestial Transmaterialization Chamber than a pot of ashes. This is the same process that makes coffee beans highly sought after by enthusiasts after the beans have passed through the digestive tract of civets. Something about poop and electromagnetic resonance in the transmaterialization. For further readings about the transmaterialization of poop, please consult the archives of FAIRMormon.

Hope that helps.

Gotta love ya, Moksha.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Random

Post by Random » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:48 am

sunstoned wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:11 pm
you can be cremated and still have a headstone in a cemetery.
Yep. I have at least two or three relatives who were cremated. After the funeral, we went to the cemetery plot where a hole was dug for the urn and had the graveside part of the service, just like they have when the body's in a casket.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

PK

Random

Post by Random » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:51 am

I want my ashes scattered over my garden if I have one. Or maybe in a forest or over a meadow.

PK

nehor90210

Post by nehor90210 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:24 am

Burial for me. I say the only true immortality is to have a headstone so garish and ostentatious that future people will look at it and say, "Who the hell did this guy think he was!"
"On this spot I'll fight no more forever. Come and get me, you bastards!"

Mad Jax

Post by Mad Jax » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:38 am

These days it feels like you have to fight not to be cremated. Morgues and hospitals find it easier so it's the default setting in a lot of cases. Best to have something in writing.

I have it in my will to be buried in a national cemetery in my dress blues. This caused arguments with some folks in the church who seemed to think I would choose to be buried in temple clothing. Even as a TBM there was no way. Wearing one of the clowniest sets of clothing ever designed, or what is considered the sharpest military dress in the modern era... not much of a decision.
Free will is a golden thread flowing through the matrix of fixed events.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:30 am

I want to do this:
https://www.thelivingurn.com/pages/tree-zip-code

Then I want to be planted on my son's grave.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

A New Name

Post by A New Name » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:35 pm

Interesting fact: The reason there is a one-year wait from time of death to when temple work can be done? Because members would do temple work the day after a non-member family member dies, and then bury said family member in temple clothes! Then the big 15 heard about this, than implemented the one-year waiting period.