Tainted water at girls camp: High Country News article

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.

RubinHighlander

Re: Tainted water at girls camp: High Country News article

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:35 pm

Seems like the lawyers would want that taken care of or there's bound to be litigation. Either that or make the young girls start to wear garments, so they'd be protected against tainted water....and tainted love. :lol:
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:46 pm

I think Church Officials are able to skirt around health and safety regulations by uttering the phrase, "Is there no help for the bishop's son?" When heard by a sympathetic State regulator's ear, the sacred thumbs-up sign is given.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:48 am

The Church has billions to throw at shopping malls and real estate ventures, but can’t be bothered to make sure the water is safe at its youth camps and places of worship? We have the resources to make sure President Nelson has a private jet when he flies to Pacific Islands, but not the resources to keep our youth safe when they go to camp.

I am generally disgusted at how little of the money the Church brings in is returned to the wards for the benefit of the members, but I am more disgusted than usual this morning.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:56 am

I guess the water isn't the only thing that's tainted and impure. :|
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:42 am

Not Buying It wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:48 am
The Church has billions to throw at shopping malls and real estate ventures, but can’t be bothered to make sure the water is safe at its youth camps and places of worship? We have the resources to make sure President Nelson has a private jet when he flies to Pacific Islands, but not the resources to keep our youth safe when they go to camp.

I am generally disgusted at how little of the money the Church brings in is returned to the wards for the benefit of the members, but I am more disgusted than usual this morning.
This. Plus the fact that some government officials are so deferential to the Church.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.