Anyone want to help me w/ feedback on a project on Mormon history/doctrine/etc?

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
jfro18

Anyone want to help me w/ feedback on a project on Mormon history/doctrine/etc?

Post by jfro18 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:56 pm

I've been working over the last year on the site, but have been slowly putting different things together to eventually compile what a better summary for the page that will be something like CES Letter/Letter For My Wife but with some different focuses and of course will have some overlap.

If anyone is interested in reading the sections as I go please shoot me a PM - will send some links as I go since they're not published, but I'm trying to get feedback on the content itself along with the layout, length (covering everything but keeping it concise-ish), tone, etc.

Figure we can communicate that through PM as I'd rather not post it publicly until it's ready and that's probably going to be a while yet.

And there is of course no commitment - it's not as if you have to read each thing i send over... just as you can/want to. I'm aiming to have a group doing this with the expectation that only a few will have a chance at each time.

Palerider

Re: Anyone want to help me w/ feedback on a project on Mormon history/doctrine/etc?

Post by Palerider » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:28 pm

I'm in. ;)
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

deacon blues

Re: Anyone want to help me w/ feedback on a project on Mormon history/doctrine/etc?

Post by deacon blues » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:30 pm

I'm down for it. It sounds interesting.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Mankhoj

Post by Mankhoj » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:48 pm

I can't say I'm as wise or insightful as most on here but I'd be willing to give my 2 cents.

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:50 am

Replied to the three of you - thanks so much!

If anyone else is interested shoot me a PM... no commitment of course and only do if you have time as I sent the sections over.

Hopefully this can turn into something helpful for people who are having issues if it can be done in a more "bulletproof" way from the cheap apologetics. We'll see, I guess.

Random

Post by Random » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:55 pm

bump
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

TestimonyLost2

Post by TestimonyLost2 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:52 am

I don't know if I have a lot of time to help, but I edit other's writing for work a lot so I could probably be of help in that vein. Let me know if there's anything I can do.