Holy Cow!!! Devastating TV ad

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Just This Guy

Re: Holy Cow!!! Devastating TV ad

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:29 am

moksha wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:22 pm
Has this ad pushed Kirton McConkie and the LDS Covert Operations Department into overdrive trying to dig up dirt on this law firm?

Considering that Kosnoff has gone up against the Catholic church multiple times and won, and LDS Inc. multiple times and won, K&M is certainly has a file already and are probably starting to sweat if he is really going public with this.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:33 am

Geez people. The Church is totally on top of this. The prophets, seers, and revelators who lead this Church with such prescience and prognostication just recently implemented a whole half hour of online training to fix this decades old problem. Too little too late as always.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

1smartdodog

Post by 1smartdodog » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Like most scandals it is the coverup that comes back to haunt you. Coming clean in the first place will cost you but never as much as a back end scandal.

I do wonder how prevalent this really is in Mormonism. In all my 60 years I have never got a hint of any shenanigans like this. Not saying it does not happen, just wondering if it is as common as it is sounding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.”
― Thomas A. Edison

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:23 pm

Not Buying It wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:33 am
Geez people. The Church is totally on top of this. The prophets, seers, and revelators who lead this Church with such prescience and prognostication just recently implemented a whole half hour of online training to fix this decades old problem. Too little too late as always.
My ward was also urged to take the training. It was admitted that you can get through it in only 15 minutes without too much trouble.

I have taken both the official Boy Scout Youth Protection Training and the new LDS training. One big topic in the scout training that is not in the LDS training is how to recognize when another adult leader might be grooming a youth. It gives instructions for escalation. I don't want to read too much into this oversight in the LDS training, but it's like they are just trying to set up a situation to score on their own goal.

Sheamus Moore

Post by Sheamus Moore » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Saw an Abused in Scouting TV ad too. Very similar format and voice-over, same attorney.
8E345B03-C88F-44FA-96EE-E2610AA41629.jpeg
A
Abused in Scouting TV
8E345B03-C88F-44FA-96EE-E2610AA41629.jpeg (95.82 KiB) Viewed 2212 times