New topless ruling for Utah

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
User avatar
moksha
Posts: 3194
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

New topless ruling for Utah

Post by moksha » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:36 pm

https://kutv.com/news/local/women-can-n ... ral-ruling
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal court ruling over a ban on women going topless in public has essentially made it legal for women to go topless in Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, Kansas, and Oklahoma.

The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, which is over those six states, struck down the topless ban in Ft. Collins, Colo. after two women sued the city for the right to go topless in public.

President Russell M. Nelson has declared a state of emergency for Utah and issued a lockdown until this "offense against Heavenly Mother (whom we do not mention)" is overturned. Church Spokesman M. Rowdy Yates added that for now the State's Porn Shoulders regulations will be strictly enforced.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Spicy McHaggis
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by Spicy McHaggis » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:03 pm

M. Rowdy Yates secretly likes the ruling.

User avatar
Random
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:44 pm

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by Random » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:24 pm

Huh? :?:
George Langel of Ft. Collins pointed out what he says is a contradiction of laws:

Just seems like a contradictory of laws a woman can expose her breasts, but a man can’t go in an alley behind a dumpster and take a pee without coming up on criminal charges.
How is baring one's chest in public the same as peeing in public (or defecating in public, for that matter). This man's head is screwed on upside-down or sideways. She isn't showing the world her pubic area.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

User avatar
alas
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by alas » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:35 am

Random wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:24 pm
Huh? :?:
George Langel of Ft. Collins pointed out what he says is a contradiction of laws:

Just seems like a contradictory of laws a woman can expose her breasts, but a man can’t go in an alley behind a dumpster and take a pee without coming up on criminal charges.
How is baring one's chest in public the same as peeing in public (or defecating in public, for that matter). This man's head is screwed on upside-down or sideways. She isn't showing the world her pubic area.
I read his comment and thought that he is exactly why the law needs to be gender neutral. He thinks baby feeding milk jugs are the same as his junk. It is exactly this sexualizing of the whole female body that has become a problem. This attitude is exactly why women challenged the law. Boobs have become sex organs instead of milk jugs. Men can’t pee in public equals women cannot pee in public. Not women’s chest equals men’s junk. Men can go topless should equal women can go topless, not that women can go topless equals men should be allowed to go bottomless.

User avatar
Red Ryder
Posts: 2765
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:14 pm

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:49 am

Oh gee! Has anyone else seen State specific boobies before?

Utah’s are the most worn out from breast feeding too many babies while New Mexico, Kansas, and Oklahoma titties are dry and desolate and Colorado listed as the most used for recreational purposes!

I say equal public nipple exposure will be the start of Utah’s downfall!
Those who do not move do not notice their chains. —Rosa Luxemburg

User avatar
RubinHighlander
Posts: 1659
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:20 am
Location: Behind the Zion Curtain

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by RubinHighlander » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:19 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:49 am
Oh gee! Has anyone else seen State specific boobies before?

Utah’s are the most worn out from breast feeding too many babies while New Mexico, Kansas, and Oklahoma titties are dry and desolate and Colorado listed as the most used for recreational purposes!

I say equal public nipple exposure will be the start of Utah’s downfall!
I agree, gravity and kids are none too kind. It's probably one pair out of 30 that would be appreciated; the rest are best kept undercover.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

User avatar
Random
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:44 pm

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by Random » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:09 pm

alas wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:35 am
I read his comment and thought that he is exactly why the law needs to be gender neutral. He thinks baby feeding milk jugs are the same as his junk. It is exactly this sexualizing of the whole female body that has become a problem. This attitude is exactly why women challenged the law. Boobs have become sex organs instead of milk jugs. Men can’t pee in public equals women cannot pee in public. Not women’s chest equals men’s junk. Men can go topless should equal women can go topless, not that women can go topless equals men should be allowed to go bottomless.
Exactly!
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

User avatar
Random
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:44 pm

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by Random » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:11 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:49 am
I say equal public nipple exposure will be the start of Utah’s downfall!
Image
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

User avatar
Random
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:44 pm

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by Random » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:20 pm

RubinHighlander wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:19 pm
I agree, gravity and kids are none too kind. It's probably one pair out of 30 that would be appreciated; the rest are best kept undercover.
Well, since the point is that women should be allowed to go topless if men are allowed to go topless, not sexual appreciation, this would probably be a very good thing.

Men with boobs can show the world how they're made, why not huge (or not-so-huge) droopy women boobs?
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Anon70
Posts: 605
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:56 pm

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by Anon70 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:43 pm

Boobs don’t exist for others’ appreciation and perhaps if we quit only seeing them as sexual and instead as natural or functional we wouldn’t be expecting them to be perfect. America has a long way to go on these issues.

User avatar
2bizE
Posts: 1764
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by 2bizE » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:37 pm

I foresee a topless March in Salt Lake in the near future. A march for breast feeding or ERA.
~2bizE

User avatar
alas
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by alas » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:50 pm

2bizE wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:37 pm
I foresee a topless March in Salt Lake in the near future. A march for breast feeding or ERA.
No, it is much too cold in March to go topless. Now if you had not capitalized it, we could have a topless march in June. But in March, I am not marching topless.

User avatar
Palerider
Posts: 1839
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:44 am

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by Palerider » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:34 pm

I'd like to propose that well informed men who are of good character, see women's breasts as both functional in the nurturing of infants and as sexual parts of the female anatomy as well. And I think that's a healthy outlook.

Obviously I don't agree with the exploitive trends in our society that emphasize only the sexual aspect. It creates an unrealistic, twisted concept of female humanity. Once a society objectifies something it makes it disposable. Or worse, abusable.

That being said, I can't agree with the equating of a bare chested man to that of a woman. They don't seem to be the same thing......
The exception would be breastfeeding. There I think the woman has the prerogative.

Unless....(and I would need some of the ladies here to chime in and educate me a little more) ....unless women see a bare chested man as something sexually exciting or provoking.

I can't see a man's chest from a woman's point of view.

It's funny because I remember the first time I was informed by a female that women really like looking at men's behinds. :shock: I thought, "How could anyone enjoy that?" Apparently I had a lot to learn...



But male butts aren't sexual organs. For the most part they just help us walk and sometimes run really fast. And men aren't allowed to show them in public.....

Anyway, if it came right down to it being a case of if men can show their chests then so can women, then I'd say men should cover up. Yeah, I know....like that's gonna happen....

For an interesting article on the sexual function of the female breast, here's a good article in Psychology Today that gives a good explanation, dealing with both high tech and subsistence based societies. Please read the article before you start bashing me. ;)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ns-breasts
Last edited by Palerider on Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Thoughtful
Posts: 1110
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:54 pm

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by Thoughtful » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:54 pm

Palerider wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:34 pm
I'd like to propose that well informed men who are of good character, see women's breasts as both functional in the nurturing of infants and as sexual parts of the female anatomy as well. And I think that's a healthy outlook.

Obviously I don't agree with the exploitive trends in our society that emphasize only the sexual aspect. It creates an unrealistic, twisted concept of female humanity. Once a society objectifies something it makes it disposable. Or worse, abusable.

That being said, I can't agree with the equating of a bare chested man to that of a woman. They don't seem to be the same thing......
The exception would be breastfeeding. There I think the woman has the prerogative.

Unless....(and I would need some of the ladies here to chime in and educate me a little more) ....unless women see a bare chested man as something sexually exciting or provoking.

I can't see a man's chest from a woman's point of view.

It's funny because I remember the first time I was informed by a female that women really like looking at men's behinds. :shock: I thought, "How could anyone enjoy that?" Apparently I had a lot to learn...

But male butts aren't sexual organs. For the most part they just help us walk and sometimes run really fast. And men aren't allowed to show them in public.....

Anyway, if it came right down to it being a case of if men can show their chests then so can women, then I'd say men should cover up. Yeah, I know....like that's gonna happen....

For an interesting article on the sexual function of the female breast, here's a good article in Psychology Today that gives a good explanation, dealing with both high tech and subsistence based societies. Please read the article before you start bashing me. ;)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ns-breasts
Yes, barechested men are sexy. I like chests more than butts. No one seems to worry about arms in public but arms are a thing too. Plenty of men get turned on by male nipple play too. Some men can breastfeed. Just because most men are attracted to womens breasts and some women like having their nipples touched during sex doesn't make them indecent comparable to, say, peeing or having an erection in public.

I have noticed men in general struggle to take women's perspectives. They are used to their position being the default and women are supposed to adjust or reframe our experiences through the default male lens. I think that's problematic in all sorts of discussions, especially since women so often don't have a voice at the decision making tables.

User avatar
blazerb
Posts: 826
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by blazerb » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:08 am

Palerider wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:34 pm
For an interesting article on the sexual function of the female breast, here's a good article in Psychology Today that gives a good explanation, dealing with both high tech and subsistence based societies. Please read the article before you start bashing me. ;)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ns-breasts
Did someone check to see how men respond to similar types of touch? I don't see why anyone would rule it out.

User avatar
1smartdodog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:51 pm

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by 1smartdodog » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:46 am

I wonder at what point in human evolution clothes went from something for survival to a status symbol. At what point did the human body become sexualized to the point we had to cover it up. Humans oar the only animal that feels the need to cove up.

Maybe those nudist are onto something. All natural is the best.
“Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.”
― Thomas A. Edison

User avatar
RubinHighlander
Posts: 1659
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:20 am
Location: Behind the Zion Curtain

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by RubinHighlander » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 am

Random wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:20 pm
RubinHighlander wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:19 pm
I agree, gravity and kids are none too kind. It's probably one pair out of 30 that would be appreciated; the rest are best kept undercover.
Well, since the point is that women should be allowed to go topless if men are allowed to go topless, not sexual appreciation, this would probably be a very good thing.

Men with boobs can show the world how they're made, why not huge (or not-so-huge) droopy women boobs?
I agree, moobs should also be undercover or we all uncover and it becomes the new norm.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by Hagoth » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:21 am

Personally, I find women's faces the most sexually appealing aspect of their appearance. For the same reason, I suppose, some countries require women to cover their faces in public. I'm wondering what is fundamentally different in this regard. Is it merely cultural? Different degrees of the same thing? Is there a culture that allows women to bare their breasts in public but requires them to cover their faces? That would be a fascinating point of comparison.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

User avatar
Palerider
Posts: 1839
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:44 am

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by Palerider » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:10 am

Thoughtful wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:54 pm

I have noticed men in general struggle to take women's perspectives. They are used to their position being the default and women are supposed to adjust or reframe our experiences through the default male lens. I think that's problematic in all sorts of discussions, especially since women so often don't have a voice at the decision making tables.
Thanks for the input here Thoughtful. I wonder sometimes if the bare chested man being acceptable in public isn't a bit of a hold over from the days when men performed much more physical labor in public? Nowadays I know OSHA requirements are that men be covered when laboring outside especially because of the possibility of sun damage and cancer. This is especially so in labor unions. I remember working in a union one summer as an 18 year old and taking off my shirt to increase my tan while running a jackhammer. I was quickly informed that wasn't acceptable OSHA standards.

I agree with you regarding women not having a voice at the decision making table. I think men are getting better at asking for the female perspective but there is still room for improvement, both in asking how women feel and think AND in making room for them in the decision making process altogether.
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

User avatar
alas
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by alas » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:28 am

Palerider wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:34 pm
I'd like to propose that well informed men who are of good character, see women's breasts as both functional in the nurturing of infants and as sexual parts of the female anatomy as well. And I think that's a healthy outlook.

Obviously I don't agree with the exploitive trends in our society that emphasize only the sexual aspect. It creates an unrealistic, twisted concept of female humanity. Once a society objectifies something it makes it disposable. Or worse, abusable.

That being said, I can't agree with the equating of a bare chested man to that of a woman. They don't seem to be the same thing......
The exception would be breastfeeding. There I think the woman has the prerogative.

Unless....(and I would need some of the ladies here to chime in and educate me a little more) ....unless women see a bare chested man as something sexually exciting or provoking.

I can't see a man's chest from a woman's point of view.

It's funny because I remember the first time I was informed by a female that women really like looking at men's behinds. :shock: I thought, "How could anyone enjoy that?" Apparently I had a lot to learn...

But male butts aren't sexual organs. For the most part they just help us walk and sometimes run really fast. And men aren't allowed to show them in public.....

Anyway, if it came right down to it being a case of if men can show their chests then so can women, then I'd say men should cover up. Yeah, I know....like that's gonna happen....

For an interesting article on the sexual function of the female breast, here's a good article in Psychology Today that gives a good explanation, dealing with both high tech and subsistence based societies. Please read the article before you start bashing me. ;)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ns-breasts
About just how sexy naked male chests can be, look at the commercials that try to make men look sexy. They have one heck of a well built guy, not so muscular he looks deformed, but built nice. And they either have him bare chested or they have his shirt unbuttoned down to just above his navel, with just the right amount of hair sticking out. So, yes, women find naked male chests almost as arousing as men find the naked female chest. Women are not quite as visual in their arousal as men are, so it is not quite as much. The guy has to have good eyes and a nice smile too. But take Steve Harvey and take off the tie and unbutton that shirt down to his navel and you would have more women so distracted they can’t guess the answers. Check out Jonny Depp in a men’s cologne commercial. You don’t have to add the scent for him to be sexy. Or better yet, look at gay porn for what makes a man sexually attractive...no, on second thought don’t.

You can add to your list of things women find sexy two days beard growth, (Personally I don’t understand this one) and greasy or sweaty long hair (another one I just don’t understand, but look at professional wrestlers or Arragon from LotR, or Mel Gibson from Brave Heart) or bald, (this one I get, Capt Picard) so, women have fetishes just like men, with some going more for the big butts, or for women lusting for men tight skinny butts, and some liking boobs or for women a nice well muscled chest. Basically anything that is a secondary sexual characteristic will be sexy to the opposite sex. So, since going bald is something only males do, it is sexy to some women.

So guys, go ahead and mow your lawn with your naked chest and get sweaty, as you get hot and sweaty, your neighbor ladies will be getting hot and bothered. :shock:

But it isn’t lady like to let on to the men what we all find sexy, so we don’t tell often. It’s one of the things the girls talk about, but don’t often tell the guys.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests