New topless ruling for Utah

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Corsair

Re: New topless ruling for Utah

Post by Corsair » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:45 am

In a related story, Sam Young's march in downtown Salt Lake City is next weekend during general conference. Is there any chance that some enterprising women will take advantage of this new court ruling during the march? I am, uh, asking for a friend...

It might be just the thing to attract more attention to downtown Salt Lake City that weekend. You could imagine some random teenage LDS boy who tells his parents, "I definitely want to attend general conference at the conference center this October. Let's attend a Saturday session. Maybe we can get there early and walk around the area and see who else might be there. At 9:00 AM. Somewhere between the Salt Lake City Hall and, uh, the Utah Capitol building."

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:47 am

Corsair wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:45 am
Is there any chance that some enterprising women will take advantage of this new court ruling during the march? I am, uh, asking for a friend...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:42 am

A Facebook group I am in joked that they would organize a topless protest out side of conference. While everything it would be funny, most people were of the opinion that it would be considered disrespectful and end up doing more harm than good. I suspect that such a protest would be about as effective as the Storm Area 51 last week.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Random

Post by Random » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:06 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:42 am
would be about as effective as the Storm Area 51 last week.
I agree.

It's funny to joke about, but it would probably be less than useless to have a topless protest outside of general conference.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK