What Satan wants

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Anon70

Re: What Satan wants

Post by Anon70 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:48 am

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:26 pm
Have you noticed that church leaders always know what Satan is up to and what he wants you to do? They seem to get it wrong about God a lot of the time (e.g. curse of Cain, policy change, Holland's Wrong Roads...) but they seem pretty certain about Satan. If I believed in the devil I think I would be tempted to wonder if maybe they have a more direct line to him.
Funny! Satan’s influence is certain and direct-every problem in our life is directly related to sin/temptation. But blessings aren’t that direct- we even have to have faith to not be healed by a priesthood blessing. So it does appear that the Mormon Satan is more powerful or at least consistent.

Anon70

Post by Anon70 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:49 am

Duplicate post
Last edited by Anon70 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:44 pm

Apologeticsislying wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:48 am
Oh hey thank you. Hey did anything ever come of those rescue missions? Was anyone at all rescued? And what were they rescued from anyway? I was too busy rolling my eyes over the very idea to pay much attention to it at all.
I think they were trying to rescue people from chronic eye-rolling fatigue, but they had to quit because they were just escalating the problem to critical levels. From this :roll: to a permanent condition of :shock:
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:26 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:44 pm
From this :roll: to a permanent condition of :shock:
:o
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Random

Post by Random » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:31 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:44 pm
Apologeticsislying wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:48 am
Oh hey thank you. Hey did anything ever come of those rescue missions? Was anyone at all rescued? And what were they rescued from anyway? I was too busy rolling my eyes over the very idea to pay much attention to it at all.
I think they were trying to rescue people from chronic eye-rolling fatigue, but they had to quit because they were just escalating the problem to critical levels. From this :roll: to a permanent condition of :shock:
:lol: :lol:
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK