The Holy Ghost vs. active shooters

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Palerider

Re: The Holy Ghost vs. active shooters

Post by Palerider » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:08 am

Blashyrkh wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:32 am
The point of my original post was never meant to be a debate on the merits of the 2A or guerilla warfare. It was meant to point out the blatant hypocrisy of the leaders of the church. You lowly members must rely on the Holy Spirit to protect you but the announced ones get men in suits with Glocks to protect them. Don't worry, if you die you will be a forgotten martyr for the Lord but if we die the church will dwindle in unbelief and you don't want that now do you?
The ancient Apostles seemed to accept when it came, their fate as true Martyrs. Peter's death was foretold by the Savior. Paul kind of used the legal system to promote his innocence of any wrongdoing but in the end was still martyred. Plus his journey to Rome worked to establish Christianity there.

Seeing the SCC established as it is in these days with communication systems the way they are, I doubt they would have trouble replacing their apostles. Of course members would mourn anyone who was lost before their time, but the way things are organized now they have a hundred guys all patiently waiting for their opportunity to be an apostle.

The only reason they would go to such lengths to protect the living person who holds the position of "prophet" is because they worship whoever holds that position. The prophet "office" has become so unreasonably precious that all measures must be used for their protection.....except for trusting in the Lord, who numbers the days of all men and wouldn't permit his spokesman to be taken before his time, right?

I mean if that person/position is SO critical to the advancement of the church, I'm sure he must have the complete and divine protection due such an important individual. Right?

So bodyguards and top security must be an inovation of men. Men who don't trust the Lord to protect his prophet. And those who are being protected have accepted (welcomed?) that additional protection. Maybe even promoted it? Is that a reflection on their own faith, trust and relationship with the Lord?

In the Old Testament as I recall, many times Jehovah would register consternation for those who decided He needed help accomplishing his purposes. Those who thought they should "steady the ark" were not held in high esteem.

So are the Q15 actually steadying their own ark? :?
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

A New Name

Post by A New Name » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:56 pm

I work for the DOD, and we get training every year on "Active Shooter". The rules they drum into us is Run, Hide, Fight, in that order.
The same should work in a church, mall, or office building.

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:47 pm

A New Name wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:56 pm
I work for the DOD, and we get training every year on "Active Shooter". The rules they drum into us is Run, Hide, Fight, in that order.
The same should work in a church, mall, or office building.
I think this is excellent advise for all unarmed people.
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:43 pm

Blashyrkh wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:32 am
The point of my original post was never meant to be a debate on the merits of the 2A or guerilla warfare.
Um... This is the internet, and the vast majority of folks on this board are in the US. ANY post that mentions firearms is almost guaranteed to devolve just like this one.

Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

Keep the company of those who seek the truth - run from those who have found it -Václav Havel

The Beauty of Gray