Brother Jake is back

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.

Apologeticsislying

Re: Brother Jake is back

Post by Apologeticsislying » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:31 pm

FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:14 pm
Looks like Brother Jake is posting videos again!

https://youtu.be/qe614-qGg7g
Awesome, I hope he can continue enjoying his talents....and sharing them with the rest of us!
The same energy that emerges from the fountain of eternity into time, is the Holy Grail at the center of the universe of the inexhaustible vitality in each of our hearts. The Holy Grail, like the Kingdom of God, is within. -Joseph Campbell-

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:32 pm

According to his Facebook post, this is the final Brother Jake video.

Hopefully something gets him out of retirement in the future - his videos early on made me laugh when I was really angry about finding out all of these things for the first time.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:25 am

I love BJ videos! :lol:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:21 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:25 am
You will have to find a new source of these videos because BJ announced that this is the last BJ video he is producing. I suspect that he is not as interested in BJ activity nearly as much you might be. He appears to be moving on with new hobbies in his life. You could produce your own BJ style video.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:58 am

“Corsair” wrote:
Red Ryder wrote: I love BJ videos! :lol:
You will have to find a new source of these videos because BJ announced that this is the last BJ video he is producing. I suspect that he is not as interested in BJ activity nearly as much you might be. He appears to be moving on with new hobbies in his life. You could produce your own BJ style video.
RR videos! Yes, that’s a spectacular idea. The other day at lunch Corsair came up with a brilliant idea to do Mystery God Theater 3000 where we watch the temple video and make commentary while dressed up as endowed robots!

What say ye? That should fill the Internet void left by the Brother Jake vacancy!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:56 am

MST3K on any church video!

The question is do you have a serious take where you point out all the historical/doctrinal/moral issues, or just go for humor? or somewhere in between?
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:58 am

I just want to say thank you Brother Jake! And I hope your recovery is going well!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Random

Post by Random » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:40 pm

Corsair wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:21 am
Red Ryder wrote:
I do not want to say what popped into my mind when I read these two posts about BJ. :oops:

On the other hand, I'm glad Brother Jake is doing better.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:46 pm

First on the list for RR would be a video debunking how people say Mormonism is like Scientology.( in Bro Jake fashion )
~2bizE

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:57 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
OME (Oh My Elohim), RR you would!

LOL.

Emower

Post by Emower » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:21 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:58 am
“Corsair” wrote:
Red Ryder wrote: I love BJ videos! :lol:
RR videos! Yes, that’s a spectacular idea. The other day at lunch Corsair came up with a brilliant idea to do Mystery God Theater 3000 where we watch the temple video and make commentary while dressed up as endowed robots!

What say ye? That should fill the Internet void left by the Brother Jake vacancy!
I second this idea.