Church Renews Opposition to ERA

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Random

Re: Church Renews Opposition to ERA

Post by Random » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:16 pm

Not Buying It wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:52 am
I kind of think some of those opposed to the ERA probably can't even articulate why they are opposed.
I am convinced that was true in the 70s with the men who were warning against ERA, be they Church Apostles or the priesthood guy down the street.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Jeffret

Post by Jeffret » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:18 pm

Random wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:16 pm
Not Buying It wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:52 am
I kind of think some of those opposed to the ERA probably can't even articulate why they are opposed.
I am convinced that was true in the 70s with the men who were warning against ERA, be they Church Apostles or the priesthood guy down the street.
I don't see how it's any different today.
"Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
And the truth isn't what you want to see" (Charles Hart, "The Music of the Night")

Random

Post by Random » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:16 pm

Jeffret wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:18 pm
I don't see how it's any different today.
I guess, for me, the difference is that I haven't been LDS since soon after the decision against children of gay parents, so I am no longer subject to having those kinds of discussions with LDS people, thus I don't see it now.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK