Catholic church donates 10% of its donations to charity

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Mormon 8

Catholic church donates 10% of its donations to charity

Post by Mormon 8 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:36 pm

https://www.wsj.com/articles/vatican-us ... 1576075764
VATICAN CITY—Every year, Catholics around the world donate tens of millions of dollars to the pope. Bishops exhort the faithful to support the weak and suffering through the pope’s main charitable appeal, called Peter’s Pence.

What the church doesn’t advertise is that most of that collection, worth more than €50 million ($55 million) annually, goes toward plugging the hole in the Vatican’s own administrative budget, while as little as 10% is spent on charitable works, according to people familiar with the funds.
"As little as 10%"... what does that make LDS, Inc.'s 1% ??? :lol:

græy

Re: Catholic church donates 10% of its donations to charity

Post by græy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:30 pm

Mormon 8 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:36 pm
"As little as 10%"... what does that make LDS, Inc.'s 1% ??? :lol:
A sign of an MLM trying hard to bring in non-refundable donations? :lol:
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Raylan Givens

Post by Raylan Givens » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:02 pm

And that’s with actually paying TRAINED staff and buildings that exist to help the greater community.

I didn’t see someone scanning bar codes at the last cathedral I attended.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see that 10% number shrinking with all the lawsuits piling up in New York in New Jersey with all the TRAINED staff doing...
"Ah, you know, I think you use the Bible to do whatever the hell you like" - Raylan Givens

Mormon 8

Post by Mormon 8 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:02 pm

1%, 5%, 10%... it's irrelevant once you become familiar with and recognize/understand that these 'churches' are big businesses masquerading as a religion with billions at their disposal while enjoying tax-exempt status. 🤣 At that point, it becomes easy to donate what you can directly to charities such as homeless shelters and food banks and not to a 'church' that is going to waste it on their corporate ventures.