Church to update the CHI

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Just This Guy

Church to update the CHI

Post by Just This Guy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:02 pm

The church has announced that they will update CHI 1 & 2.

https://www.ldsliving.com/Church-Announ ... -2/s/92306

No details yet but they are saying 80% will remain the same, but that means that 20% will be changed.

So if anyone has access to these online, start savings copies now so that we can have proof when they change something that is inconvenient.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

jfro18

Re: Church to update the CHI

Post by jfro18 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:52 pm

Didnt someone upload them in PDF @ some point? I remember people going through them while waiting for the LGBT Nov 15 policy to get scrubbed out, but I can't remember if the whole thing was uploaded or not.

I mean... the reason for the church to upload it is because it was leaking out anyway, so this way everyone can access it without the "shock" that comes when it leaks and the ensuing news stories that follow.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:26 pm

I hope they cut out all the stupid controlling things like discussing Vasectomies with your ecclesiastical leaders. They’re my 🏈 and I refuse to discuss it with a dentist!

How about replacing the handbooks with a 3 word placard that reads “Do No Harm!”

Hell, make this the new Slogan for the church!

Imagine if the temples had this displayed. House of the Lord: where we dress in funny ritual clothing, pantomime our own.... uh, uh uh I mean Do No Harm!

The GC conference pulpit could be emblazoned with this phrase. Then every conference talk could end with the guy at the pulpit pointing to the slogan and asking the audience to raise both hands then while lowering them repeat after him 3 times... DO NO HARM, DO NO HARM, DO NO HARM!

It wouldn’t make Mormonism any weirder!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Yobispo

Post by Yobispo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:27 pm

Whatever anyone says about the e-handbook, they'd be stupid to do paper handbooks in this day and age.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:59 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:26 pm
How about replacing the handbooks with a 3 word placard that reads “Do No Harm!”
You mean close their doors and walk away?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:58 pm

I just stuffed my face in a hat with a cool looking rock, and the rock said:
"And it shall come to pass that on February 19, 2020, Elohim will change his mind... Again."
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Mormon 8

Post by Mormon 8 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:38 pm

Be careful, the church might be setting everybody up for copyright infringement - they tried to sue Gerald and Sandra Tanner for it years ago. Such a kind and compassionate church. TCOJCOLDS = Real Estate, Inc. = Lawyers R Us!