Preppers (Cytokine Storm)...

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
Rob4Hope

Preppers (Cytokine Storm)...

Post by Rob4Hope » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:23 am

I've been out of the loop for a while. Before finding this group I trolled several other online groups, one of which was the AVOW (A voice of Warning). It was composed mostly of preppers, and ex-John Bircher's of which, I confess, I am one. Go figure.....

Anyway, I remember the fervor sweeping that group during the Julie Rowe days, but since then I haven't really paid attention.

I'm reaching out to some of my contacts still in there about their take on this whole virus thing, and especially the earthquake. I'm actually curious what their take (justifications) are for the whole thing, including Moroni's missing horn.

Anyone out there in the "missing field", but still in the semi-corridor have info on the preppers take on all this?
Last edited by Rob4Hope on Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FiveFingerMnemonic

Re: Preppers

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:16 am

I don't have any insider info but I would speculate that confirmation bias over all their doom and gloom prophesying is in full effect. If you catch any interesting pronouncements on the forums you follow it might make for some good entertainment.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:01 pm

This might be a good person to interview, if you can track him down. He interacts with all of the preppers regularly.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:12 pm

FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:22 am
Looks like Julie Rowe is taking advantage

http://julieroweprepare.com/wasatch-wak ... her-signs/
Anyone know why the Prophetess Julie does her "show" in a her vehicle?

Is a specific type of vehicle the one true mechanism for getting Elohim to "talk" to you?

Yes... I'm confused.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Rob4Hope

Re: Preppers (Cytokine Storm)...

Post by Rob4Hope » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:35 pm

Got some unconfirmed info. A prepper friend of mine has a friend in FEMA who went down to Central America sometime ago. The word out in the community, through that person, is that the CDC is underreporting things.

Something called "Cytokine Storm" is showing up with this virus, and its not just going to hit the elderly. Those who have aggressive immune systems are also at risk because of whatever this is.

That is all "alleged" stuff...so take it with a grain...

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:16 pm

I make it a point of not believing anything I hear from non-critical-thinking fundamentalists until it has been verified by science-oriented sources that aren't giddy about the end of the world. :D
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:00 pm

Kurzgesagt finally put out a great video using ourworldindata data. I'll trust these guys over the fundies.

https://youtu.be/BtN-goy9VOY

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Found this in The Lancet:
Accumulating evidence suggests that a subgroup of patients with severe COVID-19 might have a cytokine storm syndrome. We recommend identification and treatment of hyperinflammation using existing, approved therapies with proven safety profiles to address the immediate need to reduce the rising mortality.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 0/fulltext
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:35 pm

FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:22 am
Looks like Julie Rowe is taking advantage

http://julieroweprepare.com/wasatch-wak ... her-signs/
Perhaps we could invite Julie Rowe to do a fireside for us on NOM?
~2bizE

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:43 am

Ghost wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:01 pm
This might be a good person to interview, if you can track him down. He interacts with all of the preppers regularly.

Hey Ghost, where does this picture come from? I am intrigued.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Exiled

Post by Exiled » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:54 am

When will Julie Rowe emerge from whatever mental hospital she must be in to give guidance to the poor masses?

Looks like I should have read upthread. What a nut.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:16 am

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:43 am
This is a character from a recent video game called Death Stranding. After an apocalyptic event, the only people left in the "United Cities of America" live in a few fortified cities and bunkers. Those who live in the bunkers are the "preppers." You play as a porter, who makes deliveries between the cities and the preppers.

You must carry that baby everywhere because it enables you to see ghosts, though imperfectly. The ghosts attack if you get too close, but part of your immunity to the condition that wiped out most of humanity also enables you to create weapons using your own blood to fight them off. Touching a ghost triggers a dramatic event that, if it overcomes you, results in an enormous explosion that leaves a wide crater. If you die, however, you have the ability to return from the other side.

There's a lot more to the story, but that's the basic idea.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:17 am

Ghost wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:16 am
Hagoth wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:43 am
This is a character from a recent video game called Death Stranding. After an apocalyptic event, the only people left in the "United Cities of America" live in a few fortified cities and bunkers. Those who live in the bunkers are the "preppers." You play as a porter, who makes deliveries between the cities and the preppers.

You must carry that baby everywhere because it enables you to see ghosts, though imperfectly. The ghosts attack if you get too close, but part of your immunity to the condition that wiped out most of humanity also enables you to create weapons using your own blood to fight them off. Touching a ghost triggers a dramatic event that, if it overcomes you, results in an enormous explosion that leaves a wide crater. If you die, however, you have the ability to return from the other side.

There's a lot more to the story, but that's the basic idea.
I thought that was baby Jesus in a bottle!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:00 am

Rob4Hope wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:35 pm
The word out in the community, through that person, is that the CDC is underreporting things.
This is one of thseocasaes, where it technically is correct, but not for the reasons they are claiming.

Is the CDC reporting fewer cases then there really are? YES! but there are two reasons for this.

1. The CDC report only confirmed cases. In a disease like this where it hits some harder than other, in MANY cases people get infected, get mildly sick, and get over it. They never feel bad enough to go to the doctor, so they never get tested and it never gets confirmed. This is totally normal. For example, the 2018-2019 flu season saw about 600,000 confined cases of the flu in the US. However they estimate that 48 Million people got the flu. the vast majority never got bad enough to go to the doc and get confirmed, so we don't have real numbers of exactly how many people got it.

2. Testing in the US was a total train wreck that is only now getting on track. When the WHO got the genetic info on the virus in January, they sent it to governments across the world. The CD had a lot of trouble getting a working, reliable test. Then after they get that, it has to be approved by the FDA before it can be used on the public. All that takes time and they were only able to start rolling out testing in the last few weeks. So you have a couple months for the disease to spread through the US before they had a reliable way to test for it. Now that they are testing, there is a LOT of people that have been exposed that could have had the disease that have not been tested. See point #1.

So the whole time is a testament to government screw-ups and not conspiracy.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:23 am

Ghost wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:16 am
This is a character from a recent video game called Death Stranding.
Is Norman Reedus involved in the project or did they just make the character look like him?

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:49 am

The game is loaded with motion-captured famous people. Reedus is the main character that you control.

I hope that my video game reference has not been too much of an unwelcome distraction in this Doctrinal Discussion thread.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:05 pm

Ghost wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:49 am
I hope that my video game reference has not been too much of an unwelcome distraction in this Doctrinal Discussion thread.
These are strange times we're living in.

Apologeticsislying

Post by Apologeticsislying » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:49 pm

10,000 tests in New York and 8500 cases!!! Good Lord we are being visited by the angel of death. With the numbers we have world wide, it has a 4.2% death rate! That is GIGANTIC people.......we are talking almost 600,000,000 deaths if it gets to 65% of the world, a number entirely reasonable.....SPOOKY.....
The same energy that emerges from the fountain of eternity into time, is the Holy Grail at the center of the universe of the inexhaustible vitality in each of our hearts. The Holy Grail, like the Kingdom of God, is within. -Joseph Campbell-