Radio Free Mormon Podcast

Discussions toward a better understanding of LDS doctrine, history, and culture. Discussion of Christianity, religion, and faith in general is welcome.
consiglieri

Radio Free Mormon Podcast

Post by consiglieri » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:13 am

Hi everybody!

Just wanted to drop by and let you know I have started a new podcast a couple of months ago over at Mormon Discussion podcast.

Bill Reel has been kind enough to host my podcast, which is called, "Radio Free Mormon."

There are a fistful of podcasts up and running at this point. The Christmas Special went up yesterday.

http://www.mormondiscussionpodcast.org/ ... tmas-2016/

Prior to that are some podcasts dealing with "The Great Church History Cover-Up," "The Reluctant Revelation," and "Hiding Church History."

"Make Way for Milk-Strippings" is set to come out in a couple of weeks.

Hope you enjoy these!

Very interested in any feedback you might have, pro or con.

Merry Christmas!

--Consiglieri

http://www.mormondiscussionpodcast.org/ ... h-history/

http://www.mormondiscussionpodcast.org/ ... evelation/

http://www.mormondiscussionpodcast.org/ ... y-coverup/

didyoumythme

Re: Radio Free Mormon Podcast

Post by didyoumythme » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:27 am

I have really enjoyed your podcasts so far Consiglieri! They are engaging and clear. I'll be listening to your Christmas episode later today. Keep 'em comin!
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being honest, or cease being mistaken. - Anonymous

orangganjil

Post by orangganjil » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:07 am

I have really enjoyed your podcasts and hope you continue them. They're better than Bill's! :)

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:11 am

These are great podcasts, Consiglieri. I'm also glad you found your way back to NOM. How did you come to work with Bill Reel's website? I have a lot of respect for Bill especially with how he processes a lot of cognitive exertion on behalf of the institutional LDS church.

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:36 am

Awesome! I wondered who the radio free mormon behind the curtain was.

consiglieri

Post by consiglieri » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:01 am

Wow! It sounds like I am preaching to the choir of people who already know about the RFM podcast!

Thanks for all the kind and supportive comments!

Here is how I came to have a podcast at Bill Reel's site.

I had blogged for a couple of years over at Rational Faiths.

One of my blogs ended up having a resurgence in late summer because a person "discovered" it some time after it was originally posted and put it up on Mormon Reddit or some place.

This blog was about the Adam-God Cover-Up, and it was because it was reposted in different places that it came to Bill's attention. Bill had been wanting to do a podcast about Adam-God for a long time and he reached out to me to see if we could do it together as an interview. I said sure! We ended up having a two-hour plus interview that covers pretty much all the major angles of Adam-God, together with how the LDS Church has historically attempted to cover it up and continues to do so today.

This interview was apparently pretty popular, so Bill reached out to me with the idea of doing my own podcast. I had been thinking about this for years but never gotten around to it. I even had the name all ready to go. Something about "Radio Free Mormon" appealed to me.

The reason I hadn't done it before is because I don't know how to do a podcast. Bill was very helpful, tutoring me on how to go about it, the software I needed to download, what kind of microphone to use, and then helped me step by step learn how to use the software. He even came up with the intro music for the show!

I owe a lot to Bill for this opportunity and for his enthusiasm and assistance in making this project a reality. I hope to be doing it for some time to come.

Thanks, Bill!!!

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:49 am

I'm really enjoying eposode 3 about the intentional cover-up of the 1832 account. One thing that bolsters the evidence that the story was evolving is the progression of the god-head doctrine from the Book of Mormon to the later revelations and scriptures. Once we know about the 1832 account, everything else describing God in the Book of Mormon makes sense. If it was never known about, we could continue to interpret the BOM without a trinitarian or modalist lense.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:14 am

Thanks Consiglieri, I was really missing seeing you on NOM.

If anybody hasn't listened to the Adam-God podcast, you really need to check it out. I'm looking forward to your report on milk strippings, one of my personal pet peeves.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Deepthinker

Post by Deepthinker » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:53 pm

I've been listening to them and have enjoyed them so far.

Well done!

AzCommando

Post by AzCommando » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:39 pm

I am so excited to listen. Just saw it .

consiglieri

Post by consiglieri » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:00 pm

Thanks everybody for your support!

I am glad to see at least one poster hadn't heard of Radio Free Mormon before this!

Or maybe I am glad that so many already have!

Merry Christmas to all!

--Consiglieri

consiglieri

Post by consiglieri » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:02 pm

Hagoth wrote:Thanks Consiglieri, I was really missing seeing you on NOM.

If anybody hasn't listened to the Adam-God podcast, you really need to check it out. I'm looking forward to your report on milk strippings, one of my personal pet peeves.
Thanks, Hagoth!

The big surprise in the milk strippings podcast will be the (maybe) newly uncovered connection between milk strippings and . . . wait for it . . . polygamy!

Once I figured out the polygamy connection, whatever truth may reside in the milk strippings story suddenly made perfect sense.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:19 pm

With stuff like this I'll never get weened off the Mormon podcast teet. Why do I even try?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:21 pm

Future LDS history books might profit by using the Exacto Knife and Roll of Scotch Tape as everlasting symbols of Church history.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

consiglieri

Post by consiglieri » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:32 pm

moksha wrote:Future LDS history books might profit by using the Exacto Knife and Roll of Scotch Tape as everlasting symbols of Church history.
You crack me up, my penguin friend!

And people wonder why it is axiomatic that Mormons hide damaging information "in the vault"?

The Beast

Post by The Beast » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:35 pm

It must be Christmas!!! Break out the headphones and get the listening on.
Are you on the square? Are you on the level?

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:21 am

I am trying to find this. When I look up Radio Free Mormon on itunes, it comes up with Mormon History Guy. Is that correct?
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:33 am

Just This Guy wrote:I am trying to find this. When I look up Radio Free Mormon on itunes, it comes up with Mormon History Guy. Is that correct?
It works for me if I add the word podcast, as in "Radio Free Mormon Podcast," but what might be confusing you is that the actual name that shows up on iTunes is "Extra: Radio Free Mormon" because it's an extension of Mormon Discussion Podcast.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:55 pm

Great work! I have listened to 2 of them so far and really enjoyed them. Thanks for putting them out there.

dbmormon

Post by dbmormon » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:25 pm

consiglieri wrote:Wow! It sounds like I am preaching to the choir of people who already know about the RFM podcast!

Thanks for all the kind and supportive comments!

Here is how I came to have a podcast at Bill Reel's site.

I had blogged for a couple of years over at Rational Faiths.

One of my blogs ended up having a resurgence in late summer because a person "discovered" it some time after it was originally posted and put it up on Mormon Reddit or some place.

This blog was about the Adam-God Cover-Up, and it was because it was reposted in different places that it came to Bill's attention. Bill had been wanting to do a podcast about Adam-God for a long time and he reached out to me to see if we could do it together as an interview. I said sure! We ended up having a two-hour plus interview that covers pretty much all the major angles of Adam-God, together with how the LDS Church has historically attempted to cover it up and continues to do so today.

This interview was apparently pretty popular, so Bill reached out to me with the idea of doing my own podcast. I had been thinking about this for years but never gotten around to it. I even had the name all ready to go. Something about "Radio Free Mormon" appealed to me.

The reason I hadn't done it before is because I don't know how to do a podcast. Bill was very helpful, tutoring me on how to go about it, the software I needed to download, what kind of microphone to use, and then helped me step by step learn how to use the software. He even came up with the intro music for the show!

I owe a lot to Bill for this opportunity and for his enthusiasm and assistance in making this project a reality. I hope to be doing it for some time to come.

Thanks, Bill!!!
Your welcome!
http://www.mormondiscussionpodcast.org/ - Strengthening Feeble Knees and Lifting Hands that Hang Down